Insight Analyst - Graduate Opportunity
- Oldbury, UK
- Area: West Midlands
- Department: Insight and Analytics
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days (Monday - Friday Only)
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
Our Head of Insight and Analytics is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Insight Analyst to join their highly skilled and high performing team. This role will be based from our offices in Oldbury and would be ideally suited to someone who has recently graduated, or is due to graduate this year, in a Mathematics or Computer Science related discipline being an advanced user in Excel / Google Sheets.
This is an important analytical role contributing to many areas within the business. Working as a key part of our analyst team you will be required to work on a varied range of tasks across many areas of the business
Working centrally within the business, you will work directly with senior managers, producing insightful reports of exceptional quality to tight deadlines, which will drive improvements in our business and form parts of key business decisions.
Working with the vast amounts of data available within the business, you will utilise advanced spreadsheet and problem solving skills to answer key questions, pulling out relevant information and presenting in a clear and concise manner.
Examples of work you would be involved with include
- Compilation & interrogation of key KPIs for senior managers
- Review profitability of major existing customers
- Bespoke performance reporting for key customers
- Analytical support of the operation across the Christmas period
- Producing MI to support change projects and conduct impact analysis
Who we are looking for:
As well as having the relevant degree and Excel / Google Sheet experience to succeed in this role you will be a great team player who demonstrates the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
We will also expect:
- A desire to learn new data skills and quickly familiarise themselves with the business, processes and data sources.
- An ability to present findings simply and clearly.
- Highly numerate with problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and can communicate with confidence to managers and peers.
- An ability to complete work efficiently and to agreed timescales.
- Adaptable to manage competing workloads.
- A ‘right first time’ mentality.
- Enjoys working with data and engages with the content of their work.
- Enjoys a varied role alongside an element of continuous reporting.
- Takes ownership for their work and is able to articulate under scrutiny.
Your package will include a competitive salary. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer