Customer Service Advisor
- Stoke-on-Trent, UK
- Area: West Midlands
- Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days - Weekend Working Included
DPD is the fastest growing express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of well over £1 billion. Voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for the last 7 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and we are the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
We are currently recruiting a Customer Services Advisor, to strengthen our awesome customer services team who put our customers at the heart of everything they do. This will be based in our Stoke Depot (ST1 5GP)
In this role you will be helping both internal and external customers in relation to the collection or delivery of their parcel. You will work closely with our Drivers, Shift Managers and Operations Managers to identify issues, proactively problem solve and take accountability and ownership for resolving these issues.
You’ll also be focussed on;
- Answer any queries with relation to a delivery status, and supplying Proof of Delivery (POD)
- Carrying out thorough investigations for missing parcels and resolving delivery disputes
- Promoting company products and services to new and existing customers
What we’re looking for;
- You will have proven and demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced customer service environment
- You will have strong communication skills with a confident telephone manner and the ability to build a quick rapport with the customer
- You will be polite and professional at all times and have a willingness to go the ‘extra mile’ to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent administration skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office programmes
- Demonstrate high levels of self-motivation and initiative to effectively problem solve
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD. This will include a one-week induction where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you an awesome Customer Service Advisor.
Our depots operate 7 days a week, therefore you must be able to work any 5 shifts to include some weekend working.
Your package will include a competitive salary. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer