Tug Driver - Afternoon/Lates- 4 month FTC
- Smethwick, UK
- Area: West Midlands
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days (Monday - Friday Only)
DPD is the fastest growing express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover over £1 billion. Voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for the last 7 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We are currently recruiting for Temporary Tug Drivers to join our hard working and driven team to support our Hub and Linehaul Operations based at our DPD Local Site in Smethwick. Due to the nature of our business these roles will require you to work lates/afternoons.
This is a temporary role and the Fixed Term contract will end 31st January 2021
Your responsibilities will include;
- Movement of trailers through the confines of the yard in a safe responsible action
- Adhering to Yard Health and Safety procedures and regulations
- Reporting any damage seen or that may have occurred during movements of trailers
What we’re looking for;
- The ability to work efficiently within a fast paced and pressured environment to ensure that our yard operation runs as smoothly as possible
- Have experience in a similar position
- Hold a Class 1 LGV Licence (C + E)
- A current driver CPC card
In this position you will be required to work from mid afternoon in the evening.
A full UK driving licence and CPC card will be required for this role
Your package will include a competitive salary and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.