Shift Manager - Afternoon and Evenings
- Weybridge, UK
- Area: Region 7
- Department: Depot
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days - Weekend Working Included
DPD is the fastest growing express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover over £1 billion. Voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for the last 7 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We are currently recruiting Shift Managers, to help strengthen our depot operations team and help them achieve ever-greater heights. These roles will be based at our depot in Weybridge.
In this role you will be working closely with our Drivers and Warehouse Operatives. You will be responsible for overseeing the accurate processing of any Collections and Returns to the Depot. You will also be dealing with any inbound customer service queries ensuring appropriate action is taken and the query is dealt with in an effective manner.
Other key accountabilities will be;
- Achieving the Depot objectives and Key Performance Indicators relating to Health & Safety, productivity, and cost are met so we can deliver outstanding service to our customers.
- Undertaking driver debriefs.
- Supervising all Warehouse Operators to ensure that all depot activities, including the docking/loading of Articulated Lorries, comply with HSE and company requirement.
- Ensuring all relevant systems and reports are analysed and updated in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for;
- You will have experience in a fast paced operation with proven and demonstrable people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team, ideally within a Transport Setting
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage team.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Google chrome applications
- The ability to do comprehensive reporting, alongside analysis of data is a key requirement for this role.
- You will be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you a ‘rock star’.
This role will require you to work afternoon/ evening shifts. Our depots operate 365 days a year, therefore you will be required to cover any 5 shifts, which will include weekend working.
A full UK driving license is essential.
Your package will include a competitive salary and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.