- Hinckley, UK
- Area: East Midlands
- Department: Linehaul
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Nights Only (Monday - Friday Only)
DPD is the fastest growing express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover over £1 billion. Voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for the last 7 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We are currently seeking a graduate to join our Linehaul Team, which is responsible for the running of the Traffic Control Room. In this role you will be working alongside our managers on a range of business projects, whilst developing your knowledge of Linehaul operations and helping the teams achieve ever greater success.
- Working with management to highlight and implement areas for improvement and develop new innovative solutions.
- Producing information, reports and summaries in a clear and concise manner.
- Working in a fast-moving environment whilst delivering outstanding service to our depots and customers, ensuring rapid resolution of problems, communicating outcomes and maintaining the expected high standards.
- Involvement in and possibly leading, a wide range of linehaul projects such as the implementation of new technology, data visualisation and employee development initiatives.
- You will be educated to a degree level.
- Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- In addition to being able to analyse data, it is essential that you are able to interpret, communicate and explain its significance to a varied audience.
- Have demonstrable skills in the use of Microsoft Office or Google Suite.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
The hours of work are 40 hours per week. However, due to the nature of our operations, this role will require flexibility and possible night-time working. Typically this will be Monday-Friday, although some weekend work at busy times will be required
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD, this will include both a corporate induction and a full induction into our linehaul, hub and depot operations.
A Full UK Driving Licence is essential for this role.
Your package will include a competitive salary. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.