Hub Operations Manager - 6 Month FTC
- Oldbury, UK
- Area: West Midlands
- Department: Hub
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Nights Only (Monday - Friday Only)
DPD is the fastest growing express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover over £1 billion. Voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for the last 7 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We are currently recruiting for a number of Hub Operations Managers to join us on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract. You will be joining and strengthen our highly experienced hub operations team and help our people to achieve ever-greater heights by leading and inspiring from the front. Could this be you?
In this role you will be part of the management team who ensure the smooth running of our operation within our purpose built Hub. You will be based within Oldbury hub and will be responsible for engaging, motivating and leading a team of Sortation managers in order to achieve operational Key Performance Indicators.
Additionally you’ll also have accountability for;
- Achieving other Hub objectives, promoting Health & Safety, Quality, Security Standards and improving productivity and cost to deliver outstanding service to our Depots and Customers.
- Recruitment, Development and retention of staff including planning and allocation of temporary workforce during busy periods
- Liaising and building strong working relationships with management teams at all levels within other departments to improve the overall operation.
What we’re looking for;
- You will have extensive experience in logistics, warehouse or distribution industries.
- You will have the ability to run a fast paced operation, managing and motivating high performing operational teams.
- Experience of monitoring performance, with the ability to analyse data in order to identify improvements and successfully implement change.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence strategy.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
The have successful candidate will the DPD DNA and hold these values very dear; Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work, Accountability.
This role will require you to work night shifts across any 5 out of 7 days, you will manage your working hours across these days and times, which will mean working weekends as required.
This role is to start as soon as possible and will be on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract.
A full UK driving license is essential.
Your package will include an excellent basic salary, company car or cash alternative, attractive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD with long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, the DPD Personality of the Year and an award ceremony at our annual company conference attended by over 1,000 delegates.