- Type de contrat: Permanent
DON’T NOD is an independent French publisher and developer, based in Paris and Montreal, creating original narrative games in the adventure (Life is Strange, Tell Me Why, Twin Mirror), RPG (Vampyr), and action (Remember Me) genres. The studio is internationally renowned for unique narrative experiences with engaging stories and characters, and has worked with industry leading publishers: Square Enix, Microsoft, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Focus Entertainment, and Capcom. DON’T NOD creates and publishes its own IPs developed in-house, as well as using its knowledge and experience to collaborate with third-party developers whose editorial visions parallel the company’s own.
Step into the studio's immersive and innovative universe at dont-nod.com
Why join us?
- You want to be part of the new DON’T NOD Montreal narrative game, led by key members of the team behind Life is Strange, and bring your talent to the project;
- You want to join a diverse and committed team, both in its culture and in the content of the games it creates;
- You're looking for an environment where you'll be able to interact with all the teams in a simple and efficient manner;
- You'd like to put your Animation skills at the service of an original and sensitive experience based on its characters.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Montreal studio’s Animation Director, your role will be to create the keyframe animations and mocap of characters (gameplay and cinematic) as well as implement these assets in the engine/system (Unreal Engine) for our next narrative project.
Your mission will be to:
- Collaborate with your teammates across disciplines to deliver engaging narrative sequences (writers, designers, camera artists, lighters);
- Collaborate with your teammates to create gameplay systems (designers & programmers);
- Work with motion capture data and keyframe to craft cinematic sequences;
- Deliver quality facial animation that showcases the emotion of a scene;
- Work with motion capture data and keyframe to craft gameplay animations;
- Meet production deadlines by maintaining open communication with your lead and seeking feedback.
The must-have skills we're looking for
- At least five years’ experience as an Animator specific to the video game industry;
- A good sense of posing, weight, and timing in your animations;
- Good knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder softwares;
- Basic knowledge of how to create gameplay assets;
- A good sense of communication, seek feedback;
- Efficient and mindful of scenes narrative and technical constraints;
- Motivated to learn!
What would set you apart?
- An interest in narrative games and their ability to convey emotions through their characters;
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine;
- Previous video game industry experience.
At DON’T NOD Montreal, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity within our games as well as our teams. We commit to equal opportunities and non-discrimination in our hiring process. We are respectful of the principles of equal employment opportunities, and that is why we encourage women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a disability, visible minorities, as well as any other person who can contribute to the diversity of our studio to apply for our positions.
We build close-knit teams to encourage a fulfilling work environment for all our employees.
Our teams enjoy a range of benefits, including flexibility, a generous holiday bank, time off, training and career development support, and a personalized Lifestyle spending account.
Additional perks include:
- The possibility of working anywhere in Quebec;
- Insurance and virtual healthcare coverage as of Day 1;
- Partial refund of transport fees (OPUS, BIXI and parking);
- Access to gym and fitness classes as well as a multi-sports field in summer which turns into an ice rink in winter;
- Referral bonus that goes the extra mile;
- RRSPs with the employer's contribution.