- Type de contrat: Permanent
DON’T NOD is an independent publisher and developer, based in Paris and Montreal, creating original narrative games in the adventure (Life is Strange, Tell Me Why, Twin Mirror), RPG (Vampyr), and action (Remember Me) genres. The studio is internationally renowned for unique narrative experiences with engaging stories and characters, and has worked with industry leading publishers: Square Enix, Microsoft, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Focus Entertainment, and Capcom. DON’T NOD creates and publishes its own IPs developed in-house, as well as using its knowledge and experience to collaborate with third-party developers whose editorial visions parallel the company’s own.
Step into the studio's immersive and innovative universe at dont-nod.com
Why join us?
- You want to be part of the new DON’T NOD Montreal narrative game, led by key members of the team behind Life is Strange, and bring your talent to the project;
- You want to join a diverse and committed team, both in its culture and in the content of the games it creates;
- You're looking for an environment where you'll be able to interact with all the teams in a simple and efficient manner;
- You'd like to put your quality assurance skills at the service of an original and sensitive experience based on its characters.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Montreal studio’s QA Lead, your role will be to help test the game, engine and tools within the Montreal studio.
Your mission will be to:
- assist and collaborate directly with developers to test the specifications of each application and the different QA aspects (technical, compliance, localization, etc.);
- navigate in the project and applications to detect bugs and ensure compliance with the expected quality;
- accurately describe bugs and follow their process until they are closed;
- follow the control test plans defined by the QA team leader to ensure the quality standards defined by the team.
The must-have skills we're looking for
- At least 3 years experience in video game testing, with at least one published console game;
- A good knowledge of the different production cycles of a video game and their respective constraints;
- A great knowledge of the use of bug databases and debugging tools;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and French).
What would set you apart?
- Previous experience testing engines and tools;
- A taste for narrative games and a knowledge of their specificities;
- Previous experience on an Unreal project and development tools (perforce, etc.)
At DON’T NOD Montreal, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity within our games as well as our teams. We commit to equal opportunities and non-discrimination in our hiring process. We are respectful of the principles of equal employment opportunities, and that is why we encourage women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a disability, visible minorities, as well as any other person who can contribute to the diversity of our studio to apply for our positions.
We build close-knit teams to encourage a fulfilling work environment for all our employees.
Our teams enjoy a range of benefits, including flexibility, a generous holiday bank, time off, training and career development support, and a personalized Lifestyle spending account.
Additional perks include:
- The possibility of working anywhere in Quebec;
- Insurance and virtual healthcare coverage as of Day 1;
- Partial refund of transport fees (OPUS, BIXI and parking);
- Access to gym and fitness classes as well as a multi-sports field in summer which turns into an ice rink in winter;
- Referral bonus that goes the extra mile;
- RRSPs with the employer's contribution.