External Affairs Specialist
- Strawinskylaan 1865, 1077 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Company: DENSO INTERNATIONAL EUROPE B.V.
DENSO International Europe B.V. represents the regional headquarters and European subsidiaries of DENSO Corporation, one of the largest technology providers in the global automotive industry. DENSO products and systems are an important part of almost every vehicle around the world. DENSO is at the forefront of advanced technology and uniquely positioned to shape the future of mobility. We see this not only as an opportunity to create technologies that enable movement, but as a responsibility to influence the direction of that movement towards safety and sustainability.
With more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates across 5 continents, DENSO has a global workforce of approximately 170,000 people whose expertise in research and development, engineering, manufacturing, sales and operations enables us to continuously develop core technologies designed to respond to the evolving and ground breaking needs of industry and society.
Read more about DENSO Group at www.denso.com/nl/en.
The External Affairs Specialist performs a variety of complex duties within the public relations unit of DENSO International Europe. Applies specialized knowledge and/or subject expertise under minimal supervision, exercising a high degree of initiative. You may supervise employees.
Main tasks are described as follows:
Monitoring and Analyzing EU policies (mainly Green Deal, Trade,…)
Join external meeting, represent company to association meetings and apply intelligence.
Lead / Coordinate with SME, define impact to DENSO and create DENSO’s position
Assist/lead in promoting DENSO’s position to policy makers (COM, EP, EC) and other external stakeholders by setting individual meetings.
Maintain stakeholder mapping (EU institutions, trade associations and others)
Create and maintain stakeholders power maps arrange external meetings and support/lead lobby strategy making.
Supporting and coordinating G&I incentives on EU
Coordinate internally with Product Innovation Center about EU investment and investigate possibilities for G&I.
Full responsible for maintaining Customer requirement platform (NQC)
Leading the maintenance of requests as received from OEM’s in the system, ie cooperation with internal Manufacturing and complete the Self Assessment Questionnaire on the NQC platform
- Planning and execution of external events like webinars and events
- Other administrative support
- Minimum 3-5 years’ professional experience in a European affairs/similar role
- Proven experience working on Green Deal mainly Trade policies (other is an asset)
- Driven but pragmatic. Enthusiastic, motivated and team player
- University level (preferable in political science/economics or similar)
- Fluently in English (added value is German and/or French)
- Self initiator, work in the team but also independently
- Strong network of European Institutions (EC, EP and Council)
- Strong communicator, excellent writing skills (eg position papers)
- Excellent user of MS Office
- Able to work from Brussel 2-3 days a week (other days WTC Amsterdam)
- Interesting & challenging position in a professional environment and culture
- Attractive terms of employment with market conform salary + 25 holidays and 13 ATV days
- For more information about this opportunity you can contact Roman Scheffer by telephone on +31 (0) 294-493493
- Only candidates in possession of a valid EU work permit are eligible for this position
- Acquisition for this position is not appreciated.
It has come to our attention that various individuals have contacted people offering false employment opportunities with DENSO. Such scams are fraudulent and intended to steal from the victims.
By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid and ultimately stop victims from falling for this scam. Please do not provide any personal or financial information and do not send any money to anyone you suspect of recruitment fraud.
If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing DENSO, please email: [email protected]. Please forward the original email that you received that includes the original subject line and complete header information.
Do not send CVs or vacancy applications to that email address as it will not be reviewed or considered. If you wish to apply for a job, please submit your application for an open position to https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/DENSOINTERNATIONALEUROPE