Ph.D. Student (m/f/d) on Data Analysis and Software Platforms for connected vehicles
- Freisinger Str., 85386 Eching, Germany
- Company: DENSO AUTOMOTIVE Deutschland GmbH
DENSO, the world's second largest mobility supplier, is leading in developing and providing components and systems for automotive components such as heating, air conditioning, motor cooling, exhaust gas aftertreatment, automotive electrics and electronics and instrumentation.
The focus of the position is on data analysis for connected vehicles. Vehicles create considerable amount of data from internal devices and various sensors, which can be used for different kinds of new services. This ranges from vehicle diagnostics, driving behavior monitoring up to environment monitoring. The goal of this position is to devise and apply data analysis technology in a scalable way on vehicle data and to identify and evaluate applications of the data.
This work will be conducted in a new project funded under the EU H2020 program in cooperation with several leading research and technology partners in Europe.
The main objectives are:
- Conduct research that is related to vehicle data analysis using latest Big Data technology and data analysis technology and conceive and evaluate applications.
- Contribute to the project with demonstrators and evaluation as in collaboration with the project partners.
- Discuss with DENSO-internal R&D teams to collect feedback and help applying project results in product development and related research
- Collaborate and coordinate research activities with partners in academia and industry in Europe and Japan
- Assist in project management and administrative tasks when occasionally assigned by the project manager.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, data science, or related disciplines.
- Highly motivated and keen on working in an international and interdisciplinary team.
- Research background in the following fields (demonstrated by scientific publications) are preferred:
- AI and Data Analysis technologies, e.g. statistical methods, machine learning
- Big Data technologies like Apache Flink
- Software engineering for cloud computing and data processing technology
- Connected vehicle technologies such as networking.
- Programming skills in at least one programming language, e.g. Java or Python.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of German is not required but preferred.
Working from Home
Daily Allowances for Business Trips
13th Month Salary
Variable Pay Scheme
Employee Referral Programme
Employee Assistance Programme
Free Coffee, Tea and Water