Ph.D. Student (m/f/d) for Cybersecurity for Automated Driving
- Freisinger Str., 85386 Eching, Germany
- Company: DENSO AUTOMOTIVE Deutschland GmbH
As an automotive supplier, DENSO is leading in developing and providing components and systems for heating, air conditioning, motor cooling, exhaust gas aftertreatment, automotive electrics and electronics and instrumentation.
The focus of the work is cybersecurity for automated driving. Systems for automated driving need to be trustworthy and resilient against cyber attacks. The development of such systems is complex and needs to respect the close interactions of stakeholders along the supply chain.
The Ph.D. student (m/f/d) is expected to advance the state-of-the-art approaches of cybersecurity engineering via a model-based approach with focus on interactions in the supply chain. Additionally, the student will research new technical security controls to protect vehicular systems against malicious attacks.
This work will be conducted as within the project “SecForCars-SAVE: Securing Automated VEhicles”, which is a newly granted research project co-funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
The student's tasks include
- Conduct research that is related to the cybersecurity of automated driving systems where the topic fits the scope of SecForCars-SAVE. The primary focus of the research topic will be
- Creation of a security model for the system under development
- Development of concepts for model-based interfaces for effective communication amongst stakeholders in the supply chain
- Research solutions for the engineering scenarios Component Out Of Context and Reuse
- Research new cybersecurity controls for secure in-vehicle communication and platform integrity
- Discuss with DENSO-internal R&D teams to collect feedback and help applying project results in product development and related research
- Collaborate and coordinate research activities with partners in academia and industry in Germany and Japan
- Assist administrative tasks in SecForCars-SAVE, when occasionally assigned by the project manager
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines.
- Highly motivated and keen on working in an international and interdisciplinary team.
- Experience/Knowledge in the following fields is preferred:
- Formal methods / Software Engineering
- Secure communication protocols (e.g., TLS, IPsec)
- Application of cryptographic algorithms
- Automotive in-vehicle systems
- Programming skills in at least one programming language, e.g. C/C++ or Python.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of German is not required but preferred.
- Working from Home
- Daily Allowances for Business Trips
- 13th Month Salary
- Diverse Team
- Company Doctor
- Family Friendliness
- Employee Referral Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking
- Free Coffee, Tea and Water
- Paid Holiday