Bilingual Team Lead Representative III
- 3300 Gallows Rd, Falls Church, VA 22042, USA
Since 1993, Our team is driven to make the DECO Difference each day!
We believe exceptional efforts produce exceptional results; focusing on a compassionate, empathetic patient-advocacy approach to eligibility services that not only provides hospitals with a targeted revenue flow solution for their uninsured and under-insured populations, but greatly enhances patient satisfaction.
Lead Eligibility Representative will attempt to perform detailed in-house review and bedside interviews to determine if patient is a viable candidate for State, Federal, County, Medical or Disability Assistance, and if so to assist the patient/guarantor with the application process for any Assistance type program. This assistance will include the necessary investigative, field, and administrative work needed to assist the patient in meeting eligibility requirements for Disability, Medicaid or other applicable County, Federal or State programs if appropriate.
EXAMPLES of JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the daily supervision of Eligibility staff performing patient-oriented tasks and follow up.
- Assists in the determination of work schedules to ensure adequate coverage for outbound patient outreach and follow-up.
- Assists in developing, and reviewing employees and their performance Mentor and provide guidance to staff on proper procedures and development of core skill sets in accordance with DECO training manuals, policies, and established guidelines.
- Assist in monitoring of work guidance and performance measures to meet goals for delivery of service.
- Provides assistance to the program manager in evaluating and assessing employee progress.
- Perform and submit basic audits as assigned to measure overall productivity and performance in accordance with the guidelines established in the DECO training manuals and the program manager
- Able to interact with senior management, and client on a basic and administrative level with professionally courtesy and advanced customer service skills.
- Interact with patients, patient representatives and/or families in order to obtain or determine the eligibility of the patient for Federal or State assistance.
- Explain to patients and other entities the eligibility requirements, application process and verification requirements for applicable programs
- Facilitate the application process when appropriate by assisting the patient in completing the application, scheduling appointment interviews and obtaining required verification.
- Document pertinent patient information in the appropriate systems dictated by the health care facility and DECO.
- Document account activity as required by DECO policies and procedures in order to support account dispositions.
- Effectively request and track field visits, utilizing correct criteria in accordance with DECO training manuals
- Maintains advanced knowledge of peripheral systems; EVS, ACEDS.
Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
-Some college and two years related experience and/or some combination of education, related experience and/or training
- Willingness to work as part of a management team, with some supervision experience or training.
- Advanced understanding of the Medical Assistance application process, including a basic understanding of various aspects of eligibility analysis and evaluation process.
- Knowledge of multiple state/federal/local program policies and procedures
- Ability to use a PC effectively including various database programs, Accurate typing/data entry at a minimum of 30 wpm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel, charts, graphs, power point
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Skill in reading documents written in Standard English text such as administrative policy and procedures manuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with patients, third party resources, coworkers and management.
- Able to follow complex instructions and procedures, paying close attention to details and to organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion.
- Skill in organizing and setting priorities, which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain the information necessary to execute the business of DECO.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
- Availability of reliable transportation for use in Field Visits.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.