Medicaid Eligibility Representative
- 900 23rd St NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Since 1993, Our team is driven to make the DECO Difference each day! We believe exceptional efforts produce exceptional results; focusing on a compassionate, empathetic patient-advocacy approach to eligibility services that not only provides hospitals with a targeted revenue flow solution for their uninsured and under-insured populations, but greatly enhances patient satisfaction.
We are looking for energetic, positive individuals who want to make a difference
Eligibility Representative Position
The Eligibility Representative is that member of the Operations Team who appropriately interacts/ interviews all referrals from the facility in a professional and business like manner. Functions as the interface between DECO Clients and the State, Federal, County, Medical or Disability agencies to which we are applying. Conducts business in a manner that promotes the goals and objectives of DECO, while working with the client to a successful resolution of their applications.
Eligibility Representatives will attempt to perform detailed in-house review, bedside and/or phone interviews to determine if patient is a viable candidate for State, Federal, County, Medical or Disability Assistance, and if so to assist the patient/guarantor with the application process for any Assistance type program. This assistance will include the necessary investigative, field, and administrative work needed to assist the patient in meeting eligibility requirements for Disability, Medicaid or other applicable County, Federal or State programs if appropriate.
- Some college and up to one year related experience and/or comparable combination of education, related experience and/or training.
- Some knowledge of the Medical Assistance application process preferable
- Familiarity with MS Office suite and database programs.
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain the information necessary to execute the business of DECO
- Skill in reading documents written in Standard English text such as administrative policy and procedures manuals.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and procedures, with a close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively learn and perform multiple tasks, and organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, with accurate typing /data entry at a minimum of 30 wpm.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to relate to people and make them feel comfortable.
- Availability of personal transportation.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.