Content Localization Manager
- 16th St, San Francisco, CA, USA
Decathlon is one of the world’s largest sporting goods designer, manufacturer, and retailer based in France, with a big global presence and many sports under one roof.
Retail is expected to change more in the next five years than it has in the past fifty. For this reason alone retail is one of the most interesting and challenging industries to be a part of. In our quest to make sports accessible to all by providing a high quality product at a reasonable price, our goal is to be wherever we are needed, whenever we are needed, however we are needed.
Your role is to guarantee the quality, the availability and the distribution of Decathlon’s written content, by managing its translation, costs, and lead-time.
You will be responsible for the translation management of product descriptions and related contents, POS (Point Of Sale communication), websites, and internal applications.
You will have a strong impact on the USA‘s business and Decathlon’s teams’ skills.
You will reference, negotiate prices and manage local translation agencies regarding price, lead-time, quality of the content (e. g.: creation of keywords, technical sports terminology, search engine optimization to guarantee visibility on search engines...).
You will manage the printing of stores' communication, reference printing agencies and assure the content is physically available for USA‘s stores.
You will constantly be in touch with local USA teams, French headquarter teams, as well as the whole international network.
- You are customer-focused and willing to go the extra mile for your customer.
- You believe in the inspiration of sports and are excited by their potential to drive impactful change in people.
- You have a strong aptitude for project management and great people skills.
- You are a native American speaker. You will have to translate some content yourself from UK English.
- You have a working understanding of SEO.
- You have good negotiation skills.
- You take initiatives, you can mobilize resources to guarantee on-time results.
- You have an affinity with Translation (expertise isn’t compulsory), communication, web, and sports terminologies.
- You need to be at ease with technical tools that you will use on a daily basis.
- Bonus: experience in communication and in retail, university degree, knowledge in SEO, speak French.
- Medical insurance available for full-time employees
- Retirement plan contribution
- Commuter benefit options
- Generous employee discount
- Team outings to sport-based events, happy hours and potlucks
- A learning environment where you can dive deep and make an impact
We would love to hear which sport(s) you practice and how often, please let us know in the Cover Letter section.
Sports for all!!!