Senior Backend Developer
- 75 5th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Cypress is ambitiously changing the status quo of testing on the web with our next-generation open source Test Runner and a Dashboard Service that enable an unprecedented developer experience.
Our mission is focused squarely on making testing faster, easier, and more approachable than ever before. Cypress is remote-friendly, and we frequently hire directly from our own passionate user base.
As a backend developer, you'll help build services that immediately impact the workflow of thousands of organizations and tens of thousands of developers using Cypress around the world.
Our Stack & Process
- Our backend is written using Node, including REST based microservices and GraphQL API's.
- We use PostgreSQL as our primary datastore.
- We use Redis to power our queueing system and also utilize it for caching.
- Many of our core products are open source, and your public contributions will be visible to the community.
- We care deeply about code quality and ensure everything we release is reviewed and well-tested in our CI pipeline.
- We are an engineering lead company at our core, which means we encourage all team members to lead a proposal process for introducing new ideas and features managed entirely in Github.
- Experience with developing high performing backend services using Node JS.
- Experience writing efficient queries against a relational databases. We currently use PostgreSQL.
- Experience architecting applications and code that is tested, scalable, and performant.
- Be proficient in writing test-driven code and excited about unit testing.
- Be passionate about quality software development.
- Ability to research and make decisions on your own about best technologies to utilize for new projects.
- Learn fast and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Be a self starter and take the initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Develop new features, enhance existing features, and implement bug fixes in existing codebase.
- Improve performance and reliability of our system as we scale our product.
- Write maintainable and testable code.
- Self document development processes.
- Scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Peer review others code and give actionable feedback.
- Experience with developing GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with TypeScript codebases.
- Aware of cutting edge technology and tooling.
- Tell us one thing you love about Cypress.
Benefits & Perks
Health, dental and vision coverage
Life insurance and disability coverage
Generous paid time off and sick leave
Flexible work hours
Work with the latest technologies
Contribute to open source
Semiannual travel to work and play with our Atlanta-based team
Healthy office drinks and snacks
Modern laptop and equipment provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.