- 75 5th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Our product, Cypress.io, is a revolutionary new testing tool built from the ground up that is used and loved by more than 20,000 developers and QA engineers across the globe. We are funded by a top tier VC who believes in our mission.
We are highly experienced and passionate about solving challenging problems. Our product is open source, which means we are lucky enough to work with some of the best minds in the industry.
We are a small team, spread across the United States, that believes web testing needs a lot of love. We are here to foster a tool, a service, and a community that can teach and benefit everyone.
Cypress is ambitiously changing the status quo of testing on the web with our next-generation open source Test Runner and a Dashboard Service that enable an unprecedented developer experience. Our mission is focused squarely on making testing faster, easier, and more approachable than ever before.
Cypress is remote-friendly, and we frequently hire directly from our own passionate user base. As a developer, you'll help build tools and services that immediately impact the workflow of thousands of organizations and tens of thousands of developers using Cypress around the world.
Our Stack & Process:
- Our backend is written using Node, including REST based microservices and GraphQL API's.
- We use PostgreSQL as our primary datastore.
- We use Redis to power our queueing system and also utilize it for caching.
- Many of our core products are open source, and your public contributions will be visible to the community.
- We care deeply about code quality and ensure everything we release is reviewed and well-tested in our CI pipeline.
- We are an engineering lead company at our core, which means we encourage all team members to lead a proposal process for introducing new ideas and features managed entirely in Github.
In this role you will:
Develop new features, enhance existing features, and implement bug fixes in existing code in both the Cypress Test Runner and Dashboard.
Write lots of unit and integration tests.
Self-document development processes.
Scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
Peer review others code and give actionable feedback.
Conduct demos and/or presentations to developers about our product and its use.
The ideal candidate will:
Be passionate about quality software development.
Be proficient in writing test-driven code and excited about unit testing.
Comfortable giving demos, presentations, and guiding developers through testing methodologies.
Aware of cutting-edge technology and tooling.
Value and understand the importance of open source and be comfortable committing to a largely open source codebase.
Experience architecting applications and code that is tested, scalable, and performant.
Ability to research and make decisions on your own about best technologies to utilize for new projects.
Have a deep understanding of how the DOM works, web tooling, debugging, and memory profiling.
Learn fast and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Be a self-starter and take the initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with developing GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with TypeScript codebases.
- Aware of cutting edge technology and tooling.
- Tell us one thing you love about Cypress.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage
Life insurance and disability coverage
Generous paid time off and sick leave
Flexible work hours
Work with the latest technologies
Contribute to open source
Semiannual travel to work and play with our Atlanta-based team
Healthy office drinks and snacks
Modern laptop and equipment provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.