Senior Support Engineer
- 101 Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Cypress.io is a revolutionary open source testing software for web applications, used and loved by tens of thousands of developers and QA engineers across the globe. We believe testing needs a lot of love, and we are here to foster a tool, a service, and a community that can teach and benefit everyone. Cypress recently completed our Series A financing, led by Bessemer Venture Partners, to power our next phase of rapid growth.
As a Senior Support Engineer at Cypress.io, you will be responsible for supporting our paid customers.
- Become an expert in all of Cypress’ products and services.
- Empathize, advocate for, and maintain positive relationships with the Cypress community.
- Triage inbound requests from users via email, chat, and screenshare.
- Provide support to customers by reproducing, troubleshooting, and responding to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Analyze web application and test code to identify and correct problems and limitations
- Leverage documentation, institutional team knowledge, and other information sources to help solve problems.
- Effectively communicate resolution plans, progress, and status of requests externally and internally.
- Take ownership of requests, and work with other teams to drive timely resolution on advanced requests.
- Evaluate trends based on customer interactions and craft procedures and suggest tooling to more efficiently handle their needs.
Required Skills and Requirements:
- An empathetic approach to all interactions.
- A firm understanding of how web applications are built and work.
- A solid understanding of git and GitHub.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting Linux, Windows, and Mac OS systems.
- Comfortable working in a terminal environment.
- Ability to convey technical information at an audience-appropriate level.
- Ability to work with partial information and good judgment on when to ask questions and when to run independently.
- Passionate about providing a good experience for developers.
- A keen eye for process optimization.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal.
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Experience providing SaaS and technical support to developers.
- Working in a developer advocate role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.