Analyst/Sr. Analyst – Emerging Technologies
Customized Energy Solutions (CES) Established in 1998, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities.
We started our India operations as Customized Energy Solutions India Pvt. Ltd in 2010. CES India primarily focuses on emerging technologies. CES’s Emerging Technologies team includes technology, market, and policy experts with a deep understanding of energy storage technologies. Our team understands the complex rules and business practices of the North American RTO/ISO markets, states, and utilities as they apply to energy storage resources and translates them into insight for our clients.
CES's Emerging Technologies consulting services include a wide range of products, including financial analysis, strategic consulting, and technology due diligence, to help our clients understand the evolving market opportunities and the value proposition of new technologies. CES’s practical experience with the day-to-day operations of over 700 MWs of energy storage facilities in competitive markets provides our team with real-life experience that sets our consulting services apart from other providers.
Visit www.ces-ltd.com for more details.
The candidate will contribute to the core consulting services of the Emerging Technologies division of CES. This will include monitoring market developments and engaging in consulting projects. Qualified candidates for this position will be able to work independently and collaboratively and will possess strong communication and analytical skills.
- Market Research: Providing primary or secondary market research required for Emerging Technologies (energy storage focused) consulting work including but not limited to market size, prices, market landscape related to wholesale and retail electricity markets.
- Market Price Forecasting: Contribute to long-term price forecasts of locational marginal prices (LMPs) and ancillary services using standardized processes and methodologies.
- Spreadsheet based Analysis: Contribute to analytical work of the Emerging Tech team by identifying, reviewing, cleaning, processing raw data in spreadsheets, and contributing to actual analytical and modeling work as competence allows.
- Analytical work will typically include, wholesale energy market price forecasting, technology market size models and assessments, revenue forecasts and related competitive assessments
- Software Tools: Use of proprietary forecasting and dispatch simulation models and tools for consulting work (post orientation and training)
- Relevant Bachelor / Master’s degree or 2 to 5 years of equivalent experience required.
- Intermediate skills with MS Excel spreadsheets required.
- Knowledge of energy storage concepts including grid level storage, behind the meter storage, energy storage and battery technology, renewable energy pairing, and energy storage dispatch modeling preferred.
- Comfort working with Python scripts will advantage.
- Knowledge of RTO/ISO markets preferred.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills required.
- Experience writing under tight deadlines preferred.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Business development orientation preferred.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic required.
- Usual working hours are 1 to 9 pm to interface with US clients and colleagues. Flexibility to accommodate US work required.
This is a full-time position with 6 months probationary period. In this capacity, the candidate will be paid a competitive salary with industry standards. In addition, he/she will be immediately eligible upon employment to participate in benefits generally made available to full-time employees which include but are not limited to an annual bonus, health insurance, and gym membership.