Senior Analyst – Emerging Technologies (Modelling)
Customized Energy Solutions (CES) Established in 1998, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities.
We started our India operations as Customized Energy Solutions India Pvt. Ltd in 2010. CES India primarily focuses on emerging technologies. CES’s Emerging Technologies team includes technology, market, and policy experts with a deep understanding of energy storage technologies. Our team understands the complex rules and business practices of the North American RTO/ISO markets, states, and utilities as they apply to energy storage resources and translates them into insight for our clients.
CES's Emerging Technologies consulting services include a wide range of products, including financial analysis, strategic consulting, and technology due diligence, to help our clients understand the evolving market opportunities and the value proposition of new technologies. CES’s practical experience with the day-to-day operations of over 700 MWs of energy storage facilities in competitive markets provides our team with real-life experience that sets our consulting services apart from other providers.
Visit www.ces-ltd.com for more details.
- Project Coordination: Lead analytical projects with the ET team by scoping projects, creating project schedules, reviewing and checking the analytical work, checklists, cleaning raw data, error proofing spreadsheet-based consulting work products, creating reports in PowerPoint, contributing to actual analytical work as required and responding to client queries as competence allows.
- Typical Project Activities:
- Market Research – Qualitative (industry focused) and Quantitative (markets focused)
- Market Price Forecasting
- Spreadsheet based analytical models for various types of projects
- Build project finance and corporate finance models. Perform valuations of companies as well as power projects as competence allows.
- Develop market potential assessment, competitive assessment and market entry strategy reports for CES clients as competence allows.
- Contribute to commercial due diligence of energy storage assets in terms market research and financial analysis.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or 2 to 5 years of equivalent experience required. MBA /CFA preferred.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills with MS Excel spreadsheets required.
- Strong analytical/research/quantitative skills required.
- Knowledge of energy storage concepts including: grid level storage, behind the meter storage, energy storage and battery technology, renewables pairing, and energy storage dispatch modeling strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of RTO/ISO markets preferred.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Business development orientation preferred.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic required.
- Periodic travel to attend conferences.
- Usual working hours 1 to 9 pm to interface with US clients and colleagues. Flexibility to accommodate US work required.
This is a full-time position with 6 months probationary period. In this capacity, the candidate will be paid a competitive salary with industry standards. In addition, he/she will be immediately eligible upon employment to participate in benefits generally made available to full-time employees which include but are not limited to an annual bonus, health insurance, and gym membership.