Linux Server Administrator
- Pune, Maharashtra, India
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities.
We started our India operations as Customized Energy Solutions India Pvt. Ltd in 2010. We work with commercial and industrial customers to help reduce their energy costs through better utilization of the energy markets and emerging technologies. We have helped bring innovative energy services such as demand response to India. We are pioneering in exploring integration of latest technologies such as energy storage, microgrids as well as smart grid maturity model to Indian consumers.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S., Canada, India, Japan and Vietnam.
The Linux Server Administrator is responsible for all Linux servers in the enterprise. This individual ensures that they are running efficiently by performing upgrade and maintenance tasks, resolving technical problems, overseeing their performance levels, ensuring security, and developing new system structures, when necessary, in both on-premises and cloud environments. They work with other members of the server and network teams as well as the application teams to ensure their smooth functioning. While this role will work primarily with Linux servers, it is possible they will interact with other types of technologies and applications including Windows, Macintosh, mobile devices, and cloud services. Server administrators install, configure, and maintain various types of hardware and software, which often involves managing access, carrying out backup and recovery functions, and monitoring the performance of servers. They administer and maintain system and service accounts. They take part in the design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance of technology projects. Server administrators must have the ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues on servers and other related devices. Server Administrators often work with other teams in the organization to evaluate their technology needs, administer the network environment, set up workstations, maintain configuration management databases, follow and maintain policies and procedures, and document them to maintain applicability. Server administrators must have adequate knowledge of many types of server-based business applications. As technical professionals, they must also keep aware of the latest developments to understand how to work with new technologies. This candidate must learn and understands business client functions and requirements, determine the appropriate technical tool to address business needs, participate in special projects, and perform other duties as assigned. The candidate filling this role will share on-call duties with other members of the team. This is an on-site position.
- Install, Test, and migrate server operating systems, software, patches, upgrades, applications, tools, and/or hardware.
- Provide senior level Tier 2 and above technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Helpdesk and other Technical Services groups.
- Ensures reliable operation of production.
- Diagnoses and solves problems availability interruptions and other production issues.
- Implement IT infrastructure projects with IT and client team members. Communicate with team to keep them apprised of status and issues.
- Assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed Linux systems
- Update/write documentation, including project plans, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips.
- Create diagrams, including technical topology.
- Add, update, and close IT Problem Management database tickets.
- Review numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
- Identify opportunities to improve system and applications performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Learn and understand client area business functions and requirements.
- Provide technical support for application teams and system users
- Test and evaluates IT vendor products.
- Comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Complies with Information Security and VSA policies and procedures. Verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Resolve issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, and experience.
- MINIMUM OF 10 years’ experience in Linux engineering and administration.
- Scripting & Automation of Administrative Tasks
- Configuration management tool experience (Puppet, Chef, Salt, SolarWinds) preferred
- Knowledge of Source code management technologies such as GIT
- Enterprise authentication integration with Active Directory.
- LAMP implementation, configuration, management & maintenance
- Linux Firewall & Security Concepts & Solutions
- Understanding of security principles and practices
- Experience with different commercial & open-source versions
- Linux Routing Concepts, VPN & Security Solutions
- Knowledge of Linux DNS Services such as Bind9
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate must be local to Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, gym membership, Employee Provident Fund Scheme and Gratuity Scheme.