Asst Manager - Policy & Regulations (Energy Storage & EV)
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment.
CES founded India Energy Storage Alliance in 2012 to create awareness about advanced energy storage and emobility technologies in India. IESA has set a vision to make India a global hub for R&D, Manufacturing and adoption of advanced energy storage and emobility technologies. IESA represents over 150 members and works closely with various industry stakeholders for accelerating adoption of energy storage, green hydrogen and emobility technologies in India.
· Conduct research around policy, regulatory, institutional reforms and market-based mechanisms to increase supply and demand for Renewable Energy, Energy Storage, Electric Mobility & Green Hydrogen.
· Reading and creating the summary of global policy documents, knowledge papers and reports produced by various think tanks, consulting organizations and associations
· Analyse renewable energy and storage deployment and integration issues at the state, regional and national level. Facilitate the government relations.
· Conduct research around policy, regulatory, institutional reforms and market-based mechanisms to increase supply and demand for renewable energy.
· Help in drafting various policy papers on behalf of IESA and to support consulting division, whenever required
· Assist with programme implementation, including help with preparing presentations, concept notes, Minutes of meeting & comments to senior leadership
· Articulate findings through visually appealing/appropriate frameworks and in a clear, concise, and grammatically correct business English (both written and verbal)
· Contribute to the delivery and presentation of client deliverables (MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word) - prepare client-ready presentations that are well structured, logical and clear to understand
· Completed master’s degree in energy science/ power engineering/ renewable energy/ economics/ public policy or related field with minimum 2 years of experience in power sector or e-mobility sector.
· Keen interest in power sector, electricity markets, renewable , energy storage , E-Mobility , finance, regulations, and energy transition is desirable.
· Sound understanding of India’s energy sector and policy and regulatory environment
· Should have a strong research background, including an understanding of experimental and analytical research
· Experience in writing research papers and other strategic communications is a necessary prerequisite.
· Strong analytic skills including quantitative research skills
· Good written and oral communication skills; Good report writing skills
· Ability to use MS Office application suit including MS Excel
· Desirable: Relevant publications in peer reviewed journals/book chapters
· Ability to adapt to new environment and deliver under tight deadlines in a professional environment
· Striving for rigour in research and quality in work output
· Ability to dig deeper into details, while also keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture
· Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
· Ability to manage time effectively to handle multiple requests at the same time
- Ability to present information in a clear and accurate manner through verbal and written mediums.