Senior Scada Engineer
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan, India and Vietnam.
We are looking for a talented and hard-working individual with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Data Acquisition / SCADA services area to support consulting work with Customized Energy Solutions (CES). The Data Acquisition Services team is responsible for the bulk of the Real-Time Information that flows to/from CES’ customer locations, as well as real-time data flowing through ISO interfaces. Much of this information is processed by the Siemens PowerCC EMS System installed at CES. The Siemens EMS also interfaces with many internal systems at CES to provide settlements data as well as receiving pricing and customer input information from Internet facing WEB applications, such as CES|GOLD. CES is also looking to setup a PI historian system as well as other custom SCADA components.
In this role you will assist in the day-to-day support of CES’ SCADA system, provide significant input into the design / redesign of CES’ SCADA systems and interfaces with other systems, and support new data acquisition project installs at client locations.
- Setup and management of PI historian
- Development / setup of RTU installations at client locations (primarily conducted remotely from CES’ offices in Philadelphia)
- Develop, test, and deploy applications and worker services in technologies such as .NET, Python
- Develop, test, and deploy data transformation scripts and build real time visualization in tools such as Grafana.
- Adding RTU connections / data points / one-line displays / general support of CES’ SCADA system
- Management of Data Acquisition Services related client projects, including project scoping, cost estimates, invoicing, and general project management activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering,or equivalent. and 5+ years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of SCADA systems and specifically their use in the electrical generation and demand response industry
- Experience with OSISoft PI
- Experience with programming in .NET framework using C#, and Python
- Experience with Grafana
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience in SCADA system design
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be self directed as well as work well with others
- Desire to help grow Customized Energy Solutions’ revenues and profitability
- Ability to travel (although travel expected to be less than 10%).
- Experience with the following Remote Terminal Unit communications protocols:
- Inter Control Center Protocol (IEC 60870-6/TASE.2)
- Distribute Network Protocol (DNP 3.0) TCP/IP and Serial
- IEC 60870-5-101 and IEC-60870-104
- Modbus Protocol TCP/IP and Serial
- OLE for Process Controls (OPC UA and DA)
- Experience with Inductive Automation Ignition
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include annual performance bonus and profit-sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.