EDI Analyst - Retail Energy Services
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan, India and Vietnam.
Customized Energy Solutions is looking for Analyst with experience in EDI to join its Retail Services team. In this role the successful candidate will support the Company’s Retail Energy practice by providing overall EDI services management, including coordination of client testing schedules and system readiness, interpretations and requirements gathering for EDI changes and updates, assistance with QA for EDI process changes and accountability for overall EDI SLAs in conjunction with the operations and technical leads to help ensure top quality EDI service. The candidate will also support technical escalations and manage client communication through external ticketing systems and phone calls as required. This position will suit a candidate comfortable working under deadlines and with competing priorities. Scope of work will include participating in the oversight of transaction management operations, including quality audits, controls and exception management, developing expertise to assume management of Transaction Management processes, and working in conjunction with development teams in requirements development and testing as required.
The successful candidate will be a high energy self-starter, a positive team player, possess strong analytical skills, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Being detail oriented and a person of integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Excellent opportunities for advancement for the right individual.
- Support EDI services management
- Develop methods to improve confirmation of and gap analysis for system readiness for new markets and/or clients
- Interpretation of and requirements gathering for EDI changes and updates (ability to develop at least light technical spec preferred)
- Assist with Quality Assurance testing for EDI process changes
- Accountability for internal and external EDI SLAs
- Troubleshoot errors, determine the root cause, align processes and work with all stakeholders to resolve in a timely manner
- Coordination with operations and technical leads to help ensure top quality EDI service
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Ability to perform level 1 and level 2 investigation
- Provide escalation support for client issues
- Ability to understand and articulate the services and functionality of the BLUE platform
- Ability to operate with autonomy
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field
- 2+ years of EDI experience (setup, mapping, testing, processing, troubleshooting)
- Clear understanding & working knowledge of EDI protocols
- Excellent analytic processing skills (Microsoft Excel and SQL) required
- Ability to analyze information, solve problems and make quick, fact-based decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven, self-managed environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit-sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.