Renewable Energy Compliance Analyst
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan, India and Vietnam.
Customized Energy Solutions is seeking a Compliance Analyst to provide support on its Renewable Energy Services team. The position will function to provide support to retail electric suppliers in maintaining compliance with federal, state and utility regulations. The position will require daily and direct interaction with the Compliance Team, clients and regulatory authorities, and performing a variety of analytical functions, including support of data tracking and data management systems.
The primary functions of the role include project support, tracking and communicating regulatory issue developments, supporting client compliance position tracking, and issue/information tracking and distillation. The Compliance Analyst will assist the team with new market entry, ongoing federal, ISO/RTO, state, and utility compliance, and providing informational support consistent with the needs of CES’ clients. The successful candidate will be an extremely detail-oriented, high energy self-starter, a positive proactive team player, highly proficient in Excel and data analysis, and possess excellent communication skills and initiative. A background in deregulated retail electricity markets is a plus. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Reliability and integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Assist with the maintenance and management of processes for tracking required RTO, state, and utility compliance filings for retail suppliers, including the maintenance of a comprehensive accounting of requirements, data collection and timely notification system.
- Prepare, submit, and track regulatory and compliance filings.
- Support compilation, preparation, and submission of compliance filings, new market entry applications, name change or material impact updates, etc.
- Assist with the maintenance and management of complex data sets, models, and information tracking systems for additional data and tracking systems as needed.
- Monitor state and utility regulatory proceedings to identify relevant developments/rule changes and provide relevant actionable items to business team and/or clients.
- Monitor developments at PUCs, states, and utilities to identify and communicate relevant RPS, retail, or compliance issues to the team and/or to clients where appropriate.
- Prepare and submit ongoing federal, ISO, state, and utility energy load reports.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and regulatory authorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed.
- Relevant undergraduate degree required, legal background a plus
- Relevant experience in energy industry.
- Proficiency Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytic processing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively (clearly, concisely and professionally) with internal and external customers.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work in a self-managed environment or as a member of a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment .
- Pleasant and professional demeanor.
Salary range for this position is $70 - $90K commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit-sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.