Consultant - Emerging Technologies- PJM
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan, India and Vietnam.
CES’s Emerging Technologies team includes experts with deep understanding of energy storage and other technologies, markets, and policy. Our team understands the complex rules and business practices of the North American RTO/ISO markets, states, and utilities as they apply to energy storage and other types of resources and translates them into insight for our clients.
CES's Emerging Technologies consulting services include a wide range of products, including financial analysis, strategic consulting, and technology due diligence, to help our clients understand the evolving market opportunities and the value proposition of new technologies. CES’s practical experience with the day-to-day operations of over 300 MW of energy storage facilities in RTO/ISO markets provides our team with real-life experience that sets our consulting services apart from other providers.
The candidate will contribute to the core consulting services of the Emerging Technologies division of CES. This will include monitoring market developments and initiating and engaging in consulting projects with clients. Qualified candidates for this position will be able to work independently and collaboratively and will possess strong communication and analytical skills. This is a full-time position. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Emerging Technologies Consulting services
- Initiate, assist, and/or lead the completion of deliverables for various Emerging Technology consulting projects with a likely focus on energy storage, demand response, and electric vehicles. A key contribution will be in knowledge of market opportunities, including wholesale market design and state and utility program rules, with a focus on the PJM region.
- Utilize and contribute to CES’s suite of dispatch and financial models that are used for valuing energy storage projects. Assist analysts in terms of model enhancements based on market rules and regulations.
- Storage IQ Service
- Author the monthly StorageIQ report for PJM, which summarizes important market developments, using both primary and secondary research, from meetings and announcements.
- Quickly write succinct reports, with analysis where appropriate, on Emerging Technology developments for internal and external clients.
- Recommend appropriate courses of action according to clients’ commercial interests.
- Work closely with clients and stay familiar with their interests by addressing clients’ questions in a timely manner and participating in regular conference calls.
- Consulting Business Development
- Utilizing existing marketing efforts and materials, respond to inquiries from potential clients and proactively develop new business from existing and new clients.
- Suggest and help create new marketing efforts and materials. This will be done both individually and as part of a group.
- Minimum of five years power industry experience
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience
- Strong preference for consulting business development experience
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work remotely with the team.
- Relevant graduate degree or advanced industry training
- Expertise with energy storage concepts including grid level storage, behind the meter storage, battery and other energy storage technologies, renewables pairing, and energy storage dispatch modeling
- Knowledge of RTO/ISO energy, ancillary services, and capacity / resource adequacy required, in PJM
- Knowledge of state and utility programs for energy storage resources required, in PJM region
- Familiarity with RTO/ISO transmission planning and generation interconnection processes
- Experience writing under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and public presentation skills
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit-sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.