Analyst - Retail Market Services
- 1528 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan, India and Vietnam.
Customized Energy Solutions (CES) is seeking an Analyst to join its Retail Market Services team, which delivers strategic wholesale energy market services to retail energy market participants. The successful candidate will join a small, experienced, and fast-paced team of energy professionals working to deliver best in class service to our clients at the epicenter of some of the industry’s most dynamic and challenging problems. In this position, the candidate’s strong analytic processing and technical capabilities, communication skills, and aptitude for cross-functional collaboration will facilitate (1) delivery of operational and analytical support for services CES provides to clients through its Retail Market Services team (including energy Forecasting, Pricing, Settlements, Risk Management, and Financial Planning & Analysis), as well as (2) provision of business inputs into the software development lifecycle to drive process automation. The position will involve internal, cross-functional, and client-facing work and collaboration to generate operational deliverables, drive performance through data validation and analytics, execute regular as well as one-off energy market analyses, and otherwise contribute to complex processes to support operations of the team and optimization of supporting processes.
The successful candidate will be a high energy self-starter and positive team player that possesses strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable working under deadlines and with competing priorities and must be able to work both independently as well as part of a broader team. Being detail oriented and a person of integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities. This position presents excellent opportunities for career advancement for the right individual.
The successful candidate will contribute to the Retail Market Services team in a variety of capacities and maintain flexibility to support and develop new operational capabilities as markets and service offerings evolve. Representative duties in the position of Analyst – Retail Market Services include the following:
- Develop, establish, and maintain strong client relationships.
- Develop, maintain, and operate dynamic models in support of the Retail Market Services team’s functional service offerings across Forecasting, Pricing, Settlement, Risk Management, and Financial Planning & Analysis domains.
- Execute market Settlement reporting to support client understanding of energy market activity and corresponding market participant costs.
- Execute data aggregation, validation, and submission in support of CES responsibilities to clients as designated wholesale market scheduling coordinator.
- Execute bottom-up retail load forecasts in support of client risk management and planning functions.
- Execute retail cost to serve and Pricing projections to inform client product offerings and rate setting functions.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly operational tasks with market-driven deadlines and constraints.
- Maintain and develop metric reporting on delivery of services, performance thereof, and underlying drivers.
- Support internal process automation efforts across Retail Market Services functions through discovery, documentation, and representation of business requirements and functional specifications within the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Further support SDLC as a business stakeholder in relevant capacities, including but not limited to definition of acceptance criteria, conditioning of test data sets and scenarios, and ownership of User Acceptance Testing process for assigned items.
- Interact with retail EDI, Billing, Client Lead, and Data Warehouse teams to drive cross-process efficiencies.
- Provide additional support and coordination across Forecasting, Pricing, Settlements, Risk Management, and Financial Planning & Analysis functions to drive operational execution and delivery of other ad hoc projects as required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, solve problems, and make quick, fact-based decisions
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience preferred (entry level candidates are welcome to apply)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others at all levels of an organization in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities
- Excellent analytic processing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant graduate degree or advanced industry training
- Relevant energy industry experience
- Proficiency in SQL or related technical expertise
- Experience working in an Agile Development framework
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit-sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.