IT Business Analyst - Pune
- Customized Energy Solutions India, Wakad, Pune, Pune, MH, India
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
We have an immediate need for a technical Business Analyst to work with multiple teams responsible for the development of new technologies across various parts of the energy industry: wholesale markets, market intelligence, distributed resources, emerging technologies, artificial intelligence, IoT, grid edge, and financial optimization. This is a senior level role helping to facilitate delivery of several software platforms using multiple system development lifecycle methodologies.
Success in this role requires a candidate who is a self-directed problem solver and hands-on participant in moving software delivery activities forward by coordinating, advising, and translating business needs and objectives into technology solutions. The candidate must be passionate about developing contextual understanding of their work, and will actively learn about our industry, processes, and systems.
- Engage directly with business line leadership and subject matter experts to document and prioritize their business objectives
- Elicit, translate, and document business and user requirements into functional and non-functional requirements for software development projects
- Adhere to standards for requirements, technical designs, and test results to ensure that activities, documentation, and deliverables meet organizational guidelines
- Work with the development team to create and refine designs for solution architectures, application workflows, data structures, and user interfaces
- Work with developers to plan and execute testing activities and data validation, and to facilitate resolution of identified bugs
- Effectively communicate between end users, vendors, and IT departments to resolve production and development environment problems
- Participate in production support analysis and remediation activities as needed
- 4+ years of experience as a business/systems analyst in a custom software development environment building both transactional and analytical systems
- Experience in creating high-level business requirement documents, functional requirements specifications, and non-functional requirements specification
- Experience designing the user experience/interface of client-facing web applications
- Experience in designing reports, dashboards, and data visualizations
- Experience writing SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server (Transact-SQL) or similar tools
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts
- Experience in Data Modelling
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel for analyzing data
- Skills in diagramming and flowcharting utilizing tools such as Visio or Lucid Charts
- Comfort in engaging with senior-level business leadership as well as software development staff
- Proven ability to support solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective
- Experience in executing and supporting multiple types of testing, including QA, Integration, System, Performance/Load, Regression, and User Acceptance
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language
- Excellent process documentation skills
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven team environment
- Experience as part of a team executing both agile and waterfall projects
- Ability to think “outside the box” by suggesting improvements to processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business management, or equivalent
- Extensive experience in performing business analysis activities within one or more US electric power wholesale markets (PJM, NYISO, ISONE, MISO, CAISO, ERCOT, SPP).
- In-depth understanding of Wholesale Energy and Ancillary Services, Billing, and Settlements.
- Experience with enterprise content management and marketing automation concepts
- Experience with NoSQL and time-series databases such as Influx or similar tools
- Experience with Atlassian SDLC tools, particularly Jira
- Experience with advanced Business Intelligence, Dashboarding, and Data Exploration tools
- Working knowledge of SQL, C#, .NET, Java or other programming languages/concepts
- Experience with EDI and other data transfer technologies
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture, Microservices, and Queueing concepts
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonuses, profit sharing, Medical Savings Accounts, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, EPF, and tuition reimbursement.
In current pandemic situation , work from home is permitted and working in the office will be based on the prevailing government permissions.