Senior IT Business Analyst
- 1528 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan, India and Vietnam.
We have an immediate need for a technical Business Analyst to work with the technology team supporting our Retail Energy Services business line. This is a senior level role helping to facilitate delivery of several software platforms and data integrations using multiple system development lifecycle methodologies.
Success in this role requires a candidate who is a self-directed problem solver and hands-on participant in moving software delivery activities forward by coordinating, advising, and translating business needs and objectives into technology solutions. The candidate must be passionate about developing contextual understanding of their work, and will actively learn about our industry, processes, and systems.
- Engage directly with business line staff and subject matter experts to document and prioritize their business objectives
- Elicit, translate, and document business and user requirements into functional and non-functional requirements for software development projects
- Adhere to standards for requirements and acceptance testing to ensure that activities, documentation, and deliverables meet organizational guidelines
- Work with the development team to create and refine application workflows and user interfaces
- Work with developers to plan and execute testing activities and data validation, and to facilitate resolution of identified defects
- Effectively communicate between end users, vendors, and IT departments to resolve production and development environment problems
- Participate in production support analysis and remediation activities as needed.
- 5+ years of experience as a business/systems analyst in a custom software development environment building transactional systems
- Experience in creating high-level business requirement documents, functional requirements specifications, and non-functional requirements specification
- Experience designing the user experience/interface of client-facing web applications
- Experience in designing reports, dashboards, and data visualizations
- Experience writing SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server (Transact-SQL) or similar tools
- Experience with Microsoft Excel for analyzing data
- Skills in diagramming and flowcharting utilizing tools such as Visio or Lucid Charts
- Comfort in engaging with senior-level business and technology leadership, business users, and software development / testing staff
- Proven ability to support solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective
- Experience in supporting multiple types of testing, including QA, Integration, System, Performance/Load, Regression, and User Acceptance
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language
- Excellent process documentation skills
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven team environment
- Experience as part of a team executing both agile and waterfall projects
- Ability to think “outside the box” by suggesting improvements to processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business management, finance, or equivalent
- Experience in performing business analysis activities within one or more US electric power wholesale markets (PJM, NYISO, ISONE, MISO, CAISO, ERCOT, SPP).
- Understanding of Retail Energy and Ancillary Services, including Billing.
- Experience with enterprise content management and marketing automation concepts
- Experience with Atlassian SDLC tools, particularly Jira
- Experience with EDI, FTP, XML and other data formats and transfer technologies
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit-sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.