Generation Control Room Operator
- 1528 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and India.
We are currently in the process of hiring for our Operational Control Center (OCC Desk) within our 24/7 Market Operations Center (MOC). We are looking for a talented individual with a desire to help contribute to the growth of the company. Ideal candidate is someone who can learn quickly and handle multiple tasks while at the same time being detail oriented enough to make sure things are done right the first time. This is an entry level position with room for growth.
- Rotating 12-hour shifts (DuPont Shift Schedule – 5 Person Rotation)
- Remotely operate power generation facilities. Includes but not limited to Hydro, Wind, Solar, Battery portfolios.
- Monitoring for Hydro facilities includes but is not limited to: Compliance – minimum flow elevation, efficiency of the plant, spilling, plant status (levels, temperatures, rack differential) alarms, forecast for the plants. Operating for hydro facilities includes, but is not limited to: Unit start up, shutdown and adjustment, Opening, adjusting, and closing gates (spillway, trash, crest…), rack cleaning
- Monitoring for Wind/Solar/Battery technology includes, but is not limited to: Compliance with PPA and Off-Take Agreements, voltage control, power factor control, energy prices, curtailments, efficiency of the plant, plant status (turbines in maintenance, faulty turbines and reason), grid connection, substation status, and external conditions.
- React and comply with all ISO/TSO requests either via phone or All Call during routine and emergency situations.
- Coordinate Emergency response, operations, outages, and maintenance activities with internal and external parties (Plant personnel, ISO/TSO, Contractors, Off-takers, etc.) by phone, email or via web portals.
- Tracking/Reporting/Logging/Analysis of facilities being monitored
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Engineering/Finance/Economics, and/or other Electrical or Renewable Generation related degree, or 3+ years equivalent experience.
- Preferred PJM or NERC Operator Certification. (CES is willing to train and certify if needed, additionally, individual must be willing maintain the certification through continuing education credits and/or retesting.)
- Experience demonstrating skill handling multiple tasks simultaneously without losing track of the details at various stages of completion under normal and stressful conditions.
- Experience demonstrating basic skill using computer applications (for ex: using e-mail, Internet, word processing, and/or entering data into an application), ability to monitor and navigate among several computer screens simultaneously.
- Experience with SCADA systems is highly desired
- Responsible individual with ability to complete tasks without continuous, direct supervision and accept accountability for all actions.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Experience monitoring GE, Siemens, PI or other generation/electrical software systems.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays on a rotating 12hr basis.
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit-sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.