Director of IT - Retail Services
- 1528 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Customized Energy Solutions is at the forefront of competitive energy markets. Through consulting services, financial analysis, and operations services, we enable competitive suppliers, technology providers, and utilities to prosper. We have been recognized as one of the fastest growing privately held companies by both Inc. 500 and by Philadelphia 100.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, CES offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open, and collegial work environment. Our headquarters is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices across the United States, Canada, Japan, and India.
Customized Energy Solutions is seeking an exceptional technical management professional with experience in management of technical resources, including software development planning and delivery oversight to support our retail electric and natural gas software platforms and clients. In this role, the successful candidate will support the Company’s Retail Energy practice by providing team management and resource allocation planning, facilitating functional requirement review, and working closely with system architects, project management staff and scrum masters to help support the efficient operations of the delivery teams, and maintaining technical budgets. The candidate must be comfortable working under deadlines and with competing priorities. The position will involve internal and external stakeholder management, include budgetary assessment functions, as well as responsibility for overall accountability for delivery and production support functions. In addition, the candidate will collaborate with business operations and sales teams to contribute to change management and needs analysis as required.
The successful candidate will be a high energy self-starter, a positive team player, possess strong analytical skills, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Being detail oriented and a person of integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities. This position will suit a self-directed problem solver and hands-on participant in driving continuous improvement in software development functions by removing impediments to success. The successful candidate will be passionate about developing contextual understanding of the work, and will actively learn about our industry, processes, and systems.
- Accept accountability for execution of accepted project roadmaps and facilitate creation of clear system documentation on behalf of delivery teams
- Ensure and enforce adherence to team standards for development of functional requirements, technical design and test results to ensure that development initiatives meet organizational requirements
- Enforce accountability to SDLC policies and systems to support the implementation of key business and technology strategies
- Facilitate coordination between system architects, scrum masters, project management staff and other stakeholders to develop accurate estimates and resource loaded timelines
- Maintain ownership and accountability to the business and on behalf of the delivery team
- Oversee all technology operations and production support, evaluating them according to established goals
- Manage and communicate risks to scope commitments, and facilitate discussions to identify mitigation options
- Coordinate IT managers and supervise computer scientists, technicians and other professionals to provide guidance and remove impediments to success
- Inform budget planning and report on actual expenditure
- Ensure delivery plan accommodates delivery team initiatives (Tech Debt, System Maintenance etc)
- Collaborate with system architects and VP of Technology to analyze and procure efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Contribute to the management and planning for 3rd party resources as required
- 5 years’ experience working in technical management capacity
- 5-10 years’ experience working in or with delivery teams (with transaction based systems experience strongly preferred)
- Experience developing and maintaining technical resource budget and forecast
- Understanding of and background in Waterfall and Agile development processes and teams
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and to work well in a deadline-driven, self-managed environment
- Experience establishing and monitoring SDLC controls across the delivery life cycle
- Working knowledge of SQL and data concepts
- Understanding of C#, .net, Java and/or other object oriented programming languages a strong plus
- Comfort in engaging with senior-level business leadership as well as software development staff
- Experience coordinating with and communicating to business and product teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to enable and motivate delivery teams
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to influence behavior in development teams
- Ability to delegate and facilitate success of team members and serve as a force multiplier
- Superior planning, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills utilizing tools such as PowerPoint and Confluence
- Experience working with software work management tools (JIRA/Atlassian) and CI/CD tool (Octopus/Bamboo) a strong plus
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience required
- Retail Energy experience is a strong plus
- Experience managing off-shore teams a strong plus
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.