Senior Developer - Retail Energy Services
- 1528 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and India.
Customized Energy Solutions is looking for an exceptional full-stack software developer for contract-to-hire position in our Philadelphia office join to join our Retail Energy Technical Team. In this role, the successful candidate will implement design, and perform programming, trouble-shooting and production support functions. The candidate must be comfortable working under deadlines and with competing priorities. The position will involve internal, cross-functional, and coordinated effort to contribute to the development of our internal software as a service platforms.
The successful candidate will be a high energy self-starter, a positive team player, possess strong analytical skills, and have excellent communication skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Being detail oriented and a person of integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Serve as a full stack developer in an Agile development environment
- Participate in backlog grooming functions and effort estimation
- Participate in the creation and technical requirements of user stories
- Execute design, build and testing functions
- Participate in code review working sessions and mentoring of junior developers
- Participate in release demos and team retrospectives
- Work with business users and business analysts to develop an understanding of the CES core applications and functions
- Provide support for production support issue escalation as needed
- Work with Technical Project Manager, Delivery Manager and System Architect to help ensure that the team is working to best practice and evolving based on team needs
- 4 – 6 (four to six) years or more of academic and/or professional experience in software development.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of C# programming language; and at least one web application framework, such as ASP.Net Web Form, ASP.NET MVC. C# and ASP.NET MVC are preferred.
- Experience in Web Service development: REST and/or SOAP.
- Good understanding of relational database concept and working experience with T-SQL in MS SQL Server.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in teams
- Imagination and the ability to think outside of the box
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.