Senior Analyst / Analyst, Wholesale Energy Services, Midwest Region
- 1528 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth.
Customized Energy Solutions Ltd. has been recognized regionally and nationally for its impressive and sustained growth, including INC. 500 | 5000 and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a Top 100 Companies in Philadelphia, Hall of Fame for five or more consecutive years. It was ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and India.
We are looking for a talented and hard-working individual with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the deregulated electric industry to support the electricity market analysis consulting work of Customized Energy Solutions. This position will be largely focused on assisting with the management of Customized Energy Solutions’ wholesale market load and generation clients, including settlement, scheduling, and other back office processes, specifically focusing on activity in the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) region. The position will also involve performing analytical project work geared towards evaluations of aspects of the electricity markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of generation scheduling activities / reporting for wholesale generation clients
- Development of settlement reports, monitoring tools, and other methods of assisting wholesale generation or load clients in maximizing efficiency in the electric markets.
- Participate in market analysis projects focused on the MISO markets, but possibly involving other areas of the deregulated energy markets.
- Identification of potential generation or load scheduling / services clients
- Develop proposals for projects and communicate with clients or potential clients to revise, refine, and / or adapt proposals to client needs.
- Analyze RTO settlement statements, file disputes and identify invoice discrepancies
- Develop and modify modeling tools utilized in energy resource assessments and related analyses.
- Guide clients on wholesale market issues / rule changes / settlement impacts, etc
- Specific knowledge of the MISO wholesale markets and settlement statements
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in electrical engineering or other engineering field
- Experience in performing project research
- Experience in interacting with the MISO markets
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed as well as work well with others
- Experience with standard office software
- Analytical skill set with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Database software skills, specifically Microsoft SQL experience (preferred)
- Graduate degree in engineering, statistics, econometrics, or related field (preferred)
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.