- Toledo, OH
Proud to be part of the glass heritage of Toledo, Ohio, Custom Deco LLC commenced operations in 1977. Custom Deco LLC leads the industry with decorating technologies that transform virtually any glass, ceramic, plastic, stainless steel or aluminum container into a unique expression of a brand. We are a customer-focused organization delivering market-leading performance in decorated tabletop products, shipping over 40 million pieces annually.
The Systems Administrator is responsible to the IT leader and to the clients for adjusting, monitoring, troubleshooting and overall efficient operation of multiple systems.
- Monitor emerging technology developments and identify innovations with potential high payoffs for the System.
- Align computer systems technologies to compliment and support System business/strategic plans.
- Make recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to
System cost savings and/or productivity improvements.
- Provide for efficient computer system operation, including administration, monitoring,
and application performance statistics.
- Establish system management criteria. Maintain, and monitor procedures and
- Coordinate interface engine to ensure successful operation.
- Assist in interface planning methodology by communication with clients, vendors and
- Responsible for all aspects of functional and technical design, development and
implementation of interface to include production cutover.
- Coordinate and communicate the change control process, in conjunction with Team Members
and clients, to ensure efficient processing.
- Implement all changes in the production environment concerning on-line and batch
- Provide for efficient database operations, including total throughput, input/output
analysis and performance statistics.
- Establish database management criteria including transaction logging, backups,
restore and recover, and disaster recovery.
- Coordinate software upgrades with software vendors and Team Members as necessary.
- Coordinate capacity, planning and analyze information concerning:
- Job-processing time, response times, hardware, and software loads.
- Monitor system device capacities and status.
- Coordinate and control system tuning and hardware tuning and hardware integration.
- Issue technical bulletins to inform users of system changes.
- Act as technical advisor to systems analysts, application specialists, and
- Maintain and use programs to record system use and analyze equipment use.
- Recommend changes for improved system operation.
- Specify physical requirements.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of computer systems for monitoring availability,
stability and efficiency.
- Provide regular reports detailing computer system service levels, maintenance,
throughput, turnaround, and response times.
- Analyze computer system malfunctions, including the number and type of re-starts,
processing delays and errors, and other evidence of unsatisfactory or
- Develop action plans to address unsatisfactory occurrences.
- Respond to and resolve calls referred from the Help Desk using resources.
- Manage technical Performance Improvement programs, stressing quality control of
service to clients.
- Evaluate and manage service contracts for computer systems, including recommendations
for renewals and cancellations.
- Ensure data/system security by protecting the corporate Information Technologies
from unauthorized access, use, or interruption:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a security program for the protection of systems
hardware, software, and data. Develop and implement policies, procedures,
and guidelines to direct and carry out the objectives established by the
- Research and recommend security measures to be included in the installation of new
systems of application programs.
- Monitor and evaluate data security implemented in the System; work to reduce all
risks to corporate computer resources, and investigate security breaches.
- Test the operation of all security measures and report results to the IT leader.
- Ensure that the security program provides the necessary safeguards for good business
practice and that it meet; all corporate and government regulatory
- Coordinate the development of a comprehensive disaster recovery plan, maintain the plan,
and conduct periodic testing.
- Inform IT leader of the status of system management issues.
- Perform the role of the Application Specialist as requested and/or
Must meet System's requirements for employment.
- Associate Degree in Systems Administration, Computer Science or Engineering
- Or working on a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- 1-3 years related experience; to include internet usage, shopping and social media.
- Knowledge of computer systems as demonstrated by work experience or education.
- Strong communication abilities as demonstrated by work experience.
- Demonstrated negotiation / customer services skills.
In order to be considered a candidate, you must complete the Culture Index Survey, if you have not already done so, by going to the following link: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/1AF52A