Customer Fulfillment Manager – UK based with Manchester as preferred location
- -, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Current is the digital engine for intelligent environments. Current blends advanced LED technology with networked sensors and software to make commercial buildings, retail stores, industrial facilities and cities more energy efficient & productive. Backed by a broad ecosystem of technology partners, Current is helping businesses and cities unlock hidden value and realize the potential of their environments. www.currentbyge.com
The Customer Fulfillment Manager is a newly created role that will be based in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the transition of Customer Service and Fulfilment activities from Hungary to the UK and will establish and lead a small team who will be responsible for receiving and processing orders from European customers, achieving on-time fulfilment of orders and providing the highest levels of customer service in order to generate repeat business and overall growth for GE Current in Europe.
- Building and leading a small team to process sales orders, manage inventory levels efficiently, fulfil customer orders on-time working together with logistics partners and build relationships with customers to provide the highest levels of customer service
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the team to work cohesively to deliver on customer expectations, establishing a problem solving ‘one team solves all’ culture within the team.
- Effectively organizing the team and their daily activities to enable the best interface between all internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely with sales and product management teams to understand the opportunity pipeline in order to generate forecasts and conduct demand planning that ensures stock categorization and stock holding meets customer commitments whilst minimizing obsolescence
- Driving warehouse and logistics partners to achieve their SLA conditions
- Seeking cost out opportunities and mitigating supply risks to help exceed margin targets
- Implementing and monitoring team SLA’s and metrics to achieve strong levels of service and provide insights for the commercial teams
- Ensuring proactive responses to customer feedback, generating improvements where appropriate and driving simplification efforts to provide total customer satisfaction and process excellence
- Driving use of software tools such as SAP, SFDC to maximise efficiency and speed of response
- Maintaining regular communication rhythm and working seamlessly with all internal teams
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate European regulations and company policies and procedures
- University or college degree or equivalent experience - Business Studies or Logistics/Supply Chain management preferred.
- Strong expertise in the management of customer needs whilst balancing financial goals of the business. Including direct contact - at reach, or face to face, with customers.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain processes and dependencies in an OEM and Distribution Channel environment.
- Understands how to combine direct customer service with the management of stock supply and storage
- Understands order execution, demand planning & inventory management processes.
- Previous experience of product and financial reporting.
- Previous experience in a direct supervisory role and proven success in managing a cross-functional team.
- A process driven mind set, that actively uses reporting to monitor and improve performance
- Deep analytical skills and detailed data driven decision making approach
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and build relationships with teams and senior leadership.
- Excellent PC (MS Office) and SAP system skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high self-confidence.
- Team player with leadership capabilities, ability to work cross-functionally, cross-culturally.
- Tolerant for ambiguity, flexibility and ability to deliver results in uncertain circumstances.
- Proven track record of success on long and short-term deliverables.
- Has a working knowledge and understanding of the lighting industry, including routes to market, competitive landscape and preferably understands the specialist markets of at least one of the following: traffic signals, transportation, horticulture, indoor luminaires or signage.
Flexible work location