Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op/Intern
Current™ (formerly GE Current, a Daintree Company) has unveiled a new brand identity following the historic acquisition of Hubbell’s Commercial & Industrial (C&I) Lighting business. The enterprise brand unites the companies under a single identity with one purpose: To deliver the innovation customers require, with solutions that create inspiring, efficient and safe environments. Current products dramatically improve lighting quality, reduce energy demand to support cleaner air, and have become synonymous with reimagined physical spaces. The history of the company demonstrates decades of trusted quality and reliability. Current's portfolio includes 35 industry-leading product brands each offer a unique value proposition. Primary office locations are Cleveland, OH and Greenville, SC, with centers of expertise locations in Austin, TX, Rolling Meadows, IL and Quebec, Canada. Manufacturing operations reside in Hendersonville, NC, Pittsburgh, PA, Plympton, MA, Christiansburg, VA, Acuna, MX and Tijuana, MX.
The Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, New Product Development introduction, continuous improvement or more.
Engineering Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Current community.
Benefits of a Current Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Roles and Responsibilities may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Engineering research and technical assistance to engineers
- Review current engineering program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform tests to assure quality control
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a bachelors or masters in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Strong computer skills with preferred experience using CAD/related drawing software and SAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
The position has a compensation package inclusive of base, bonus (if eligible), benefits, 401k contribution, time off, recognition awards and more. This salary range is $21.00-$24.00/hour
Benefits and Perks
All around competitive culture where together we strive to:
- Approach each day with a tenacious curiosity
- Communicate openly and honestly- internally and externally
- Work hard, take risks, fail fast…learn and move on
- Embrace diversity and welcome opposing thoughts
- Empower and develop each other
- We have an open and inclusive culture where you’ll learn and grow through programs and resources like:
- Quarterly company all employee meetings
- Management and Leadership development
- Initiatives and special projects with executive leadership exposure
- Access to top-notch learning courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Regular manager check-ins to drive performance and career growth
Current is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. At Current, we are Always On and working to improve lives with the industry's most expansive portfolio of sustainable advanced lighting and intelligent controls that reliably meet our customers' needs. Learn more at CurrentLighting.com.