- 441 11th Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
As a leader in social-first publishing, we keep our fingers on the pulse of our cities to deliver kickass digital content that thrills our audience and results in top-notch engagement for our clients, both on and off the screen. At Curiocity, we love nothing more than to create, to tell stories, and to turn brands big and small into local favourites.
We are a quickly growing company operating within an exciting industry that has taken over how people consume content, and we’re looking for the right talent to join our dynamic and continuously growing team.
The Communications Assistant role is a full-time, salaried position based out of our head office in Calgary.
- Develop strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, and competitive edge.
- Provide ongoing support to CEO with day to day business requirements.
- Assist with the organization of internal resources to ensure seamless communication and organization of corporate requirements
- Coordinate photo/video production resources to fulfill both client and corporate requirements.
- Assist with the creation of client proposals, invoices, and service agreements.
- Assist Accounts Payable department with invoice tracking and receivables.
- Provide support to content team with sourcing of local stories and composition of original editorial pieces as needed.
- Provide additional creative copywriting requirements ranging from corporate press releases, social media captions, to creative briefs.
- Scheduling and organization of team meetings, team builders, and travel itineraries as needed.
- Provide ongoing support with internal business requirements and overall office organization.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, PR, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in related communications or administrative capacity (volunteer or co-op experience is applicable).
- Positive, upbeat personality that thrives under pressure.
- Ability to remain flexible, organize daily workload by priorities, and implement change as needed on the fly.
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous organization and prioritization skills with acute attention to detail.
- Superior savviness with social media, pop culture, and a strong awareness of local happenings.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and the ability to work within a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience working with social advertising and analytics reporting including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of Canva and Photoshop considered an asset (though not required.)
- Personal laptop for day to day work requirements.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT CURIOCITY
- Quickly growing company with significant opportunity for career growth.
- Innovative team that encourages (and implements) creative new ideas.
- Exposure to working with many different business units and industries.
- Collaborative and casual work environment.
- Event and lifestyle perks in collaboration with our valued media and business partners.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.