Event & Experience Manager (Contract)
- 441 11 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0Y5, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s most prominent digital publication companies, operating in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and internationally with operations in Seattle. With a reach of over 2 million people and monthly content views surpassing 110 million, we combine our established presence as one of the leading digital publishers in Canada with our energy, creativity, and natural curiosity to deliver content and stories that we and our audience love.
We are looking to find the right partner to collaborate with us in bringing a collection of innovative new events and experiences to life. This unique opportunity is offered on an uncapped revenue-sharing compensation model.
The contracted Event & Experience Manager will work hand-in-hand with Curiocity’s Management Team to ideate and strategize new event initiatives at the local and national level. This opportunity requires an individual with exceptional hands-on experience independently creating, leading, and managing mid to large-scale events. The ideal candidate will have an established network, demonstrated portfolio of work, creative mindset, and a passion for excellence.
- Develop strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, competitive edge, and long-term vision for market and event expansion.
- Work closely with Curiocity Management and key stakeholders to ideate unique event concepts and engaging audience experiences.
- Prepare project scope, timeline, requirements, restrictions, budget, and ROI.
- Source, negotiate with, and contract required vendors and suppliers.
- Establish relationships with community partners and sponsors.
- Coordinate all necessary approvals and licensing.
- Manage the scheduling and organization of internal and external resources.
- Direct and supervise event staff, volunteers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Day of event supervision and on-site direction.
- Analyze event success and provide summary report.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand both audience and client behavior to anticipate needs and ideate new event and experience opportunities.
- Continuously assess industry, market, and competitive landscape to drive vision for innovative new experiences.
- Consistently ensure full brand integration and consistency across all strategies and activations.
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant industry experience creating, launching, and managing events.
- Post-secondary education in a related field considered an asset, though not required.
- Entrepreneurial mentality with positive attitude and high energy.
- Strong portfolio of hands-on event management experience from conception to reality.
- Ability to develop, maintain and exceed budgeted sales and profits.
- Established network of special event related contacts, both locally and nationally.
- Passion for creating innovative strategies, problem-solving, and business development.
- Ability to deliver results and constructively lead team through high-pressure situations.
- Strong time management, organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with proven ability to positively influence others.
- Personal computer and software required for day to day work requirements.
- You are ridiculously organized and can multi-task, prioritize, and schedule like no other.
- You look at marketing as an opportunity for brand's to creatively connect with consumers on a meaningful level.
- You’re a friendly, self-motivated superstar who can work independently and as part of a team.
- You understand the power of digital marketing.
- You’ve got a knack for identifying and articulating innovative ways to solve challenges.
- You believe that superior customer service and genuine care is what sets a business apart.
Benefits of Working at Curiocity:
- Industry-leading commission structure.
- Quickly growing company with significant opportunity for career growth.
- Innovative team that encourages (and implements) creative new ideas.
- Exposure to working with many different business units and industries.
- Collaborative and casual work environment.
- Event and lifestyle perks in collaboration with our valued media and business partners.