Lead Client Partner, Toronto
- King St W, Toronto, ON, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s most prominent digital publication companies, operating in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and internationally with operations in Seattle. With a reach of over 2 million people and monthly content views surpassing 110 million, we combine our established presence as one of the leading digital publishers in Canada with our energy, creativity, and natural curiosity to deliver content and stories that we and our audience love.
The Lead Client Partner role is based out of Toronto and initially offered on an industry-leading, commission-only compensation structure. The successful candidate will be offered a full-time, salaried position based on performance within the first 3 months.
The Lead Client Partner will report to our Director of Sales and lead our business development initiatives primarily within the Toronto area. This role requires an experienced, self-motivated sales professional with a proven track-record of proactively identifying and pursuing sales leads that translate into positive business results.
The ideal candidate will have an experienced sales portfolio and established network, combined with a natural ability to connect with people, a thorough understanding of the local and national media landscape, and a passion for changing the way brands interact with consumers.
- Develop strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, and competitive edge.
- Develop personal monthly sales objectives and implementation plan.
- Identify, research, and proactively engage new business opportunities both locally and provincially.
- Consistently develop sales strategies to expand corporate reach.
- Act as direct point of contact for incoming business inquiries and meet with potential clients to understand objectives and find innovative solutions.
- Present and educate marketplace on corporate service offering.
- Negotiate business contracts, driven to meet client objectives and exceed expectations.
- Review, analyze, and report on monthly sales targets and revenues.
- Oversee continuous enhancements and updates to corporate sales collateral.
- Continuously perform geographic-specific market analysis to ensure sales offerings are competitive within the industry.
- Work collaboratively with Curiocity Management to develop new business leads and service offerings.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in related sales capacity.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in related field is considered an asset though not required.
- Proficient in social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Superior time management, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with proven ability to positively influence others.
- Personal laptop for day to day work requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
- Quickly growing company with significant opportunity for career growth.
- Innovative team that encourages (and implements) creative new ideas.
- Exposure to working with many different business units and industries.
- Collaborative and casual work environment.
- Event and lifestyle perks in collaboration with our valued media and business partners.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.