Director of Sales
- King St W, Toronto, ON, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s most prominent digital publication companies, operating in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and internationally with operations in Seattle. With a reach of over 2 million people and monthly content views surpassing 110 million, we combine our established presence as one of the leading digital publishers in Canada with our energy, creativity, and natural curiosity to deliver content and stories that we and our audience love.
The Director of Sales role is a full-time, salaried position which may be based in either Vancouver or Toronto.
The Director of Sales will be positioned to lead our business development initiatives both at the national and local level. This role requires an experienced, self-motivated sales professional with a proven track-record of proactively developing and driving innovative sales strategies that translate into positive business results. The Director of Sales will be responsible for growing and managing our national Sales Team in collaboration with Curiocity Management.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated managerial experience and an experienced sales portfolio and established network, combined with a natural ability to connect with people, a thorough understanding of the local and national media landscape, and a passion for changing the way brands interact with consumers.
- Develop strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, and competitive edge.
- Develop key growth strategies, sales objectives, tactics, implementation plan, and corresponding metrics.
- Identify, research, and proactively engage new business opportunities both locally and nationally.
- Consistently develop sales strategies and establish new brand relationships to expand corporate reach.
- Act as direct point of contact for incoming business inquiries and meet with potential clients to understand objectives and find innovative solutions.
- Present and educate marketplace on corporate service offering.
- Negotiate business contracts, driven to meet client objectives and exceed expectations.
- Collaborate with Curiocity Management with the interviewing, selection, onboarding and day to day management of local team.
- Create and implement a sales training program.
- Review, analyze, and report on monthly sales targets and revenues.
- Oversee continuous enhancements and updates to corporate sales collateral.
- Work collaboratively with Curiocity Management, continuously performing geographic-specific market and competitive analysis to ensure sales programs and offerings are industry-leading.
- 5+ years’ experience in a digital media sales capacity, including experience at the senior management level.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in related field is considered an asset though not required.
- Demonstrated experience within and solid understanding of digital media landscape.
- Established professional network within the major metropolitan areas of Canada.
- Hands-on experience working with CRM platform.
- Superior time management, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- High level of self-motivation and initiative with the ability to work independently, as well as lead a team.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude and entrepreneurial enthusiasm with proven ability to positively influence others.
- Quickly growing company with significant opportunity for career growth.
- Innovative team that encourages (and implements) creative new ideas.
- Exposure to working with many different business units and industries.
- Collaborative and casual work environment.
- Event and lifestyle perks in collaboration with our valued media and business partners.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.