UX Strategist & Design Lead
- 441 11 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0Y5, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s most prominent digital publication companies, operating in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and internationally with operations in Seattle. With a reach of over 2 million people and monthly content views surpassing 110 million, we combine our established presence as one of the leading digital publishers in Canada with our energy, creativity, and natural curiosity to deliver content and stories that we and our audience love.
The UX Strategist & Design Lead role is a full-time, salaried position. Applicants from Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton are encouraged to apply, as the role may be performed remotely from home.
The UX Strategist & Design Lead will work hand in hand with our Chief Executive Officer to understand our corporate growth objectives and develop innovative digital strategies driven to scale the company. This position requires an individual with exceptional user-experience design skills, technical capabilities, and unparalleled creativity when it comes to anticipating both user and client demands. This role will be responsible for not only improving our existing user-interface experience but to strategize and drive corporate expansion.
This unique position requires an experienced UX Designer with a passion for developing intuitive and scalable digital initiatives and quickly carrying ideas from inception to in-market delivery.
- Develop a strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, competitive edge, and long-term vision for market and product expansion.
- Work closely with Curiocity Management and key stakeholders to turn business strategy into engaging experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand both audience and client behavior to anticipate needs and ideate new business initiatives
- Develop unique digital campaigns, products, initiatives, and experiences, defining overall strategy, interface design, and ROI.
- Develop quality UX deliverables including user journey maps, site architectures, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes for both mobile and the web.
- Drive vision and development for eCommerce opportunities and initiatives.
- Assess industry and competitive landscape for inspiration and missed opportunities to differentiate organization within the marketplace.
- Independently lead the company’s user experience and interface design requirements, ensuring new initiatives are delivered on time and on budget.
- Consistently ensure full brand integration and consistency across all strategies and platforms.
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant industry experience creating and developing digital brand experiences.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience with creating
- Proficient in HTML, CSS and visual design and prototyping tools including Adobe CC, Figma, Protopie, InVision, Sketch and others.
- Solid understanding and firsthand experience with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify.
- Passion for creating innovative strategies, problem-solving, and business development.
- Ability to thrive and deliver results within a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
- Strong time management, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with proven ability to positively influence others.
- Personal computer and software required for day to day work requirements.
- Quickly growing company with significant opportunity for career growth.
- Innovative team that encourages (and implements) creative new ideas.
- Exposure to working with many different business units and industries.
- Collaborative and casual work environment.
- Event and lifestyle perks in collaboration with our valued media and business partners.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.