Regional Sales Manager
- King St W, Toronto, ON, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s most prominent digital publication companies, operating in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and internationally with operations in Seattle. With a reach of over 2 million people on a daily basis and monthly content views surpassing 100 million, combine our established presence as one of the leading digital publishers in Canada with our expertise in digital marketing to turn brands into local favorites.
The Regional Sales Manager role is a full-time, salaried position based out of Toronto.
The Regional Sales Manager will report to our Chief Executive Officer and lead our business
development initiatives primarily within the Toronto area, with potential for West Coast coverage based on success. This role requires an experienced, self-motivated sales professional with a proven track-record of proactively developing and driving innovative sales strategies that translate into positive business results.
The ideal candidate will have an experienced sales portfolio and established network, combined with a natural ability to connect with people, a thorough understanding of the local and national media landscape, and a passion for changing the way brands interact with consumers.
- Develop a strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, and competitive edge.
- Develop quarterly sales objectives and implementation plan.
- Identify, research, and proactively engage new business opportunities both locally and provincially.
- Consistently develop sales strategies to expand corporate reach.
- Act as direct point of contact for incoming business inquiries and meet with potential clients to understand objectives and find innovative solutions.
- Present and educate the marketplace on corporate service offerings.
- Negotiate business contracts, driven to meet client objectives and exceed expectations.
- Review, analyze, and report on monthly sales targets and revenues.
- Oversee continuous enhancements and updates to corporate sales collateral.
- Continuously perform geographic-specific market analysis to ensure sales offerings are competitive within the industry.
- Work collaboratively with Curiocity Management to develop new business leads and service offerings.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in related sales capacity.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in related field is considered an asset though not required.
- Proficient in social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Superior time management, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with proven ability to positively influence others.
- Personal laptop for day to day work requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
- Industry-leading commission structure.
- Quickly growing company with significant opportunity for career growth.
- Innovative team that encourages (and implements) creative new ideas.
- Exposure to working with many different business units and industries.
- Collaborative and casual work culture.
- Event and lifestyle perks in collaboration with our valued media and business partners.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.