Staff Writer - Calgary
- 441 11 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0Y5, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s leading digital publication groups. We work collaboratively with some of Canada’s top brands representing sectors including entertainment, food and drink, lifestyle, events, arts and culture, fashion and more. Our goal is to provide our audience of nearly a million Canadians with the very best content driven to inspire experiences, enrich lifestyles, and stimulate community.
At Curiocity, we strive to connect our audience of over half a million Canadians with the very best of what their city has to offer. We are looking for an ambitious, like-minded individual who has a passion for sharing more of the city we love and is passionate about all things to do with writing. If you’re a creative, organized, energetic go-getter, we want you to join our team to assist with Curiocity’s communications efforts in the Calgary area.
This is a full-time, salaried position based out of our head office in downtown Calgary.
- Help lead in the development of content creation and editing.
- Upload content to the web and ensure formatting and imagery to corporate standards.
- Understand best practices in creating content to engage and grow subscribers and audience-base to the corporate website.
- Reach content production goals on a weekly basis.
- Develop and manage personal content calendars to streamline productivity.
- Understand and help further develop the Curiocity brand voice.
- Represent Curiocity in a professional manner at media events and while interacting with clients/other industry professionals.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Journalism, English, Communications, PR, or related field is preferred.
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Facebook Ads considered an asset.
- Personal laptop for day to day work requirements.
- Exceptional time management, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail in editing and critical reading.
- Able to meet deadlines and to work independently from micro-management.
- Proficient interest in writing, pop culture, and current events.
- You live and breathe for Calgary and are as proud as we are to call the city home.
- You like to be in the know of the latest, greatest, and everything that’s happening within the city.
- You’re a friendly, self-motivated superstar who can work independently and as part of a team.
- You understand the power of digital marketing and are excited to spread the word.
- You have your finger on the pulse of local and large-scale pop culture.
- You love creative writing, and the challenge of telling different stories in different ways excites you.
- You’ve got a knack for identifying and articulating innovative ways to solve challenges.
Benefits of Working at Curiocity
- Office is conveniently located downtown, Calgary
- A fast-paced environment with close-knit team.
- Every project is a new adventure.
- Fun team-building nights, lunches, activities, etc.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.