- 441 11 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0Y5, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s leading digital publication groups. We work collaboratively with some of Canada’s top brands representing sectors including entertainment, food and drink, lifestyle, events, arts and culture, fashion and more. Our goal is to provide our audience of nearly a million Canadians with the very best content driven to inspire experiences, enrich lifestyles, and stimulate community.
We are looking for a full-time Sales Director to lead our business development initiatives in the Calgary-area. This role requires an experienced, self-motivated sales professional with a proven track-record of proactively driving innovative sales strategies that translate into positive business results.
The ideal candidate would have an experienced portfolio combined with a natural ability to connect with people, a thorough understanding of the local market, and a passion for changing the way brands interact with consumers.
This is a full-time, salaried position based out of our head office in downtown Calgary.
- Develop strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, and competitive edge.
- Develop quarterly sales objectives and implementation plan.
- Identify, research, and proactively engage new business opportunities both locally and nationally.
- Consistently develop sales strategies to expand corporate reach.
- Act as direct point of contact for incoming business inquiries and meet with potential clients to understand objectives and find innovative solutions.
- Present and educate marketplace on corporate service offering.
- Negotiate business contracts, driven to meet client objectives and exceed expectations.
- Review, analyze, and report on monthly sales targets and revenues.
- Oversee continuous enhancements and updates to corporate sales collateral.
- Continuously perform geographic-specific market analysis to ensure sales offerings are competitive within the industry.
- Work collaboratively with Curiocity Management to develop new business leads and service offerings.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a related sales capacity.
- Proficient in social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Superior time management, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with proven ability to positively influence others.
- Personal laptop for day to day work requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
- You live and breathe for Calgary and are as proud as we are to call the city home.
- You like to be in the know of the latest, greatest, and everything that’s happening within the city.
- You’re a friendly, self-motivated superstar who can work independently and as part of a team.
- You understand the power of digital marketing and are excited to spread the word.
- You’ve got a knack for identifying and articulating innovative ways to solve challenges.
- You believe that superior customer service and genuine care is what sets a business apart.
Benefits of Working at Curiocity
- Office is conveniently located downtown, Calgary
- A fast-paced environment with close-knit team.
- Every project is a new adventure.
- Fun team-building nights, lunches, activities, etc.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.