Digital Content Writer & SEO Strategist
- 441 11 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0Y5, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s leading digital publication groups. We work collaboratively with some of Canada’s top brands representing sectors including entertainment, food and drink, lifestyle, events, arts and culture, fashion and more. Our goal is to provide our audience of over half a million Canadians with the very best content driven to inspire experiences, enrich lifestyles, and stimulate community.
We are looking for a full-time Digital Content Writer & SEO Strategist to join our team in creating unique content that captures the heart and soul of the cities in which we operate. This role will be a driving force behind the content curiocity shares with it's established audience, currently reaching 800,000 daily readers.
This position requires an experienced digital content writer who has successfully created SEO informed content strategies and executed multi-channel content plans.
The Digital Content Writer & SEO Strategist will capitalize on SEO opportunites by leading the development and execution of our website and content marketing strategy to drive consumer acquisition. The ideal candidate would have a natural ability to connect with our audience through writing, superior communication skills, and the ability to positively lead and influence team members across the organization.
This is a full-time salaried position operating out of our head office in downtown Calgary.
- Develop strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, and competitive edge.
- Lead in the development of engaging content initiatives driven to grow audience-base and establish monthly viewership goals.
- Continuously review and assess SEO and analytic results to inform content strategy.
- Develop city-specific editorial calendars to achieve corporate and and client marketing and communication objectives.
- Compose original content pieces targeted at both national and Calgary-specific audiences, with clever and effective headlines targeted at online sharing.
- Review and edit original content pieces authored by colleagues, ensuring flawless spelling, grammar, and formatting.
- Work closely with Account Managers to report on performance of client content programs.
- Manage final upload of approved content to web, ensuring formatting and imagery meet corporate standards.
- Collaborate with Curiocity Staff to storyboard and script video concepts.
- Establish brand voice guidelines to enable writing staff to effectively compose articles within corporate style.
- Maintain acute awareness of pop culture, current events, and local happenings.
- Continuously ensure brand consistency in expression, tone, visuals, and key messages across all corporate communications.
- Act as official Curiocity representative during scheduled interviews, special events, and other in-person activities as required.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Journalism, Communications, PR, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years professional writing and editing experience within an agency, marketing, public relations, or communications environment.
- Hands-on experience developing SEO informed content strategies and multi-channel content plans.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous organization and prioritization skills with acute attention to detail.
- Superior savviness with social media, pop culture, and an acute awareness of local happenings.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work within a fast-paced work environment.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with proven ability to lead and positively influence others.
- Personal laptop for day to day work requirements.
- You’re a friendly, self-motivated superstar who can work independently and as part of a team.
- You understand the power of digital marketing and are excited to spread the word.
- You’ve got a knack for identifying and articulating innovative ways to solve challenges.
- You believe that superior customer service and genuine care is what sets a business apart.
Benefits of Working at Curiocity
- Office is conveniently located in Downtown Calgary
- A fast-paced environment with close-knit team.
- Every project is a new adventure.
- Fun team-building nights, lunches, activities, etc.