Video Host Intern
- Toronto St, Toronto, ON M5C, Canada
Curiocity Group Inc. is one of Canada’s most prominent digital publications and marketing companies, operating in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and Vancouver, and internationally with operations in Seattle. With a reach of over 800K people on a daily basis and monthly views surpassing 65M, we combine our established presence as one of the leading digital publishers in Canada with our expertise in digital marketing to turn brands into local favourites.
We are looking for a part-time Video Host Intern to join our team as an on-camera personality to deliver Curiocity’s ongoing coverage of local happenings, special events, and all things Toronto. The ideal candidate would have a natural ability to connect with our audience on-air, in person, and on social media, and be able to convey the lifestyle and culture of Toronto in a dynamic and entertaining way. You should be a great storyteller, a pop-culture guru, be active and forward thinking with social media, and have the ability to effectively tease and deliver compelling content with accurate pace and timing.
This is a paid hourly position currently offered at approximately 5 hours per week with the possibility for additional work opportunities as they become available.
- Video prep to understand creative initiative and delivery intent in storyboards and scripts authored by Curiocity staff.
- Collaborate with Curiocity team in creative strategy meetings where required.
- Deliver video script on-camera in a engaging manner that connects with our audience on a personal level.
- Perform ad-hoc interviews, discussions, contests and other live program content.
- Act as official Curiocity representative at special events as required.
- Ensure consistency with Curiocity brand and voice in all communications.
- Work closely with Curiocity Staff to develop relatable content ideas, engaging storylines, dynamic execution methods, and viewership goals.
- Collaborate with Curiocity Staff to storyboard and script video concepts.
- Scheduling of monthly video shoots, posting, and live-stream coverage dates.
- Composition of supplementary articles and original editorial pieces.
- Post-secondary education in related diploma or degree (enrolled or completed).
- Previous on-air experience or demonstrated skill with video marketing considered an asset.
- Strong on-camera presence and ability to convey concepts in compelling manner.
- Ability to work independently and think creatively on-the-spot.
- Superior written and verbal communication skill.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Superior savviness with social media, pop culture, and local happenings.
- Applicants must be comfortable in front of the camera for this role.
- You live and breathe for Toronto and are as proud as we are to call the city home.
- You like to be in the know of the latest, greatest, and everything that’s happening within the city.
- You’re a friendly, self-motivated superstar who can work independently and as part of a team.
- You understand the power of digital marketing and are excited to spread the word.
- You’ve got a knack for identifying and articulating innovative ways to solve challenges.
- You believe that superior customer service and genuine care is what sets a business apart.
Benefits of Working at Curiocity
- A fast-paced environment with close-knit team.
- Every project is a new adventure.
- Fun team-building nights, lunches, activities, etc.