Account Manager & PR Specialist
- 441 11 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0Y5, Canada
Curiocity is one of Canada’s leading digital publication groups. We work collaboratively with some of Canada’s top brands representing sectors including entertainment, food and drink, lifestyle, events, arts and culture, fashion and more. Our goal is to provide our audience of over half a million Canadians with the very best content driven to inspire experiences, enrich lifestyles, and stimulate community.
We are looking for a full-time Account Manager & PR Specialist to join our team in managing the day to day marketing and communication requirements of our valued clients. This highly varied role will be responsible for directing and managing all aspects of client accounts from creative conception to close out, always seeking to apply innovative new solutions to meet and exceed client expectations. The ideal candidate would have strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills, a strategic acumen for building long-term business partnerships, and a passion for changing the way brands interact with consumers.
The current Account Manager position is a full-time, salaried position based out of our head office in Calgary.
- Develop strong understanding of Curiocity’s brand, services, and competitive edge.
- Meet with prospective and current clients to develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, their goals, target market, and market position.
- Lead in the composition of client communication assessments, proposals, presentations, and analytic reports driven to meet client objectives and exceed expectations.
- Manage day to day account requirements from project inception to close out, aligning cross functional departments and ensuring superior level of customer-service and attention to detail.
- Manage the development of client’s social media marketing strategy, creative briefs,
content and article calendars, photography shot lists, video storyboards, and other client deliverables and documentation as required.
- Coordinate internal teams, external vendors, clients, and community partners on client events, communications, advertising, and production requirements.
- Establish regular client meeting schedule to provide analytic reports and campaign assessment reviews.
- Collaborate with team in creative marketing strategy sessions.
- Proactively seek and apply innovative new marketing strategies to maximize client and corporate exposure.
- Attend industry events and community investment initiatives as a representative of Curiocity as required.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, PR, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related account management, marketing, public relations or communications management capacity.
- Strong account management experience with superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with social advertising and analytics reporting including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Analytics.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous organization and prioritization skills with acute attention to detail.
- Superior savviness with social media, pop culture, and strong awareness of local happenings.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work within a fast-paced work environment.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with proven ability to lead and positively influence others.
- Personal laptop for day to day work requirements.
- You are ridiculously organized and can multi-task, prioritize, and schedule like no other.
- You look at marketing as an opportunity for brand’s to creatively connect with consumers on a meaningful level.
- You’re a friendly, self-motivated superstar who can work independently and as part of a team.
- You understand the power of social media marketing and are excited to spread the word.
- You’ve got a knack for identifying and articulating innovative ways to solve challenges.
- You believe that superior customer service and genuine care is what sets a business apart.
Benefits of Working at Curiocity
- Office is conveniently located in Downtown Calgary
- A fast-paced environment with close-knit team.
- Every project is a new adventure.
- Fun team-building nights, lunches, activities, etc.