Stobart are the largest, most sustainable logistics provider in the UK.
Through our unique model, we operate the largest user shared network that ensures maximum capacity whilst guaranteeing service and quality. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, we specialise in the Retail, Consumer, E-commerce and Manufacturing sectors, working with some of the worlds well-known brands.
Stobart joined the Culina Group in 2021 and became part of the largest, market leading, privately owned logistics provider in the UK. With a turnover in excess of £2.2billion, a combined workforce of over 20,000 colleagues and a joint fleet of over 5,000 vehicles, they specialise in providing chilled, ambient, and industrial services solutions, covering the whole of the UK.
What's the role?
Stobart have an exciting opportunity for an individual to kickstart their career in Transport & Logistics by providing first line support to the Retail operation. You will be responsible for ensuring all agreed and relevant administration is carried out in an efficient and timely manner, including reporting and resourcing.
- Arranging all paperwork received from Eddie Stobart depots daily
- Ensuring daily reports and Key Performance Indicator data is up to date and correct
- Organising paperwork for scanning, ensuring all relevant checks are carried out
- Communicating with ops team for regular updates on the progress of each service
- Communicating with customers, through regular updates, of service progress
- Indexing customer accounts accurately and efficiently, resolving any queries
- Returning or archiving paperwork as per the customer’s requirements
- Following customer and internal procedures in an effective and efficient way, completing all legal documents and forwarding to relevant recipients
- Updating relevant spread sheets for internal monitoring purposes
- Booking any additional resources required to fulfil daily requirements
- Providing holiday cover across the department when necessary
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You will have a great attention to detail and the ability to use your own initiative supported by good numerical and computer skills.
- You need to be team orientated and have good communication skills. Demonstrate a positive attitude and be determined to work hard.
- The ability to deal with a high volume of paperwork and experience in a similar Administration role would be desirable.
- Ideally you will have a background within Transport, however this is non essential
- 20 Days annual leave
- Loyalty Bonus: 5 extra days holiday allowance after 5 years’ service / cash equivalent
- Free full Stobart company uniform
- Ongoing Training and Development opportunities
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme – company 3% contribution
- Death in Service
- Colleague Performance Review Process
- Onsite canteens (subject to depot)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership at PureGym
- Rewards App – discount on 100’s of brands
- Refer a friend bonus