Stobart are the largest, most sustainable logistics provider in the UK.
Through our unique model, we operate the largest user shared network that ensures maximum capacity whilst guaranteeing service and quality. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, we specialise in the Retail, Consumer, E-commerce and Manufacturing sectors, working with some of the worlds well-known brands.
Stobart joined the Culina Group in 2021 and became part of the largest, market leading, privately owned logistics provider in the UK. With a turnover in excess of £2.2million, a combined workforce of over 20,000 colleagues and a joint fleet of over 5,000 vehicles, they specialise in providing chilled, ambient, and industrial services solutions, covering the whole of the UK.
What's the role?
As a Stobart Shunter you will be successfully maintaining an effective and safe operational environment on site. You will be responsible for controlling our daily plans and maximising the potential of our resources. The role is responsible for the safe movement of LGV vehicles on sites.
Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Loading and parking trailer assets; maintaining communication to the traffic office
- Shunting equipment with care and attention whilst ensuring complete compliance with Safe Systems of Work
- Liaising with Warehousing departments to ensure the correct equipment is positioned on and off the trailer bays, ensuring the flow is maintained
- Managing the fleet resources in the yard including Vehicles Off Road
- Accurately completing all required yard-related administrative checks i.e. fleet checks, yard checks, trailer checks, pre-op vehicle checks and equipment audits
- Follow site and business Health and Safety / Safe Systems of work policies
- Reporting on available and unavailable (i.e. defective) fleet assets in the yard
- Maintaining the yard hygiene and risk management as necessary
- Carry out any additional office task as required by your line manager
- Due to the nature of the role we are looking for someone with relative experience of shunting articulated vehicles in a transport traffic office.
- You will be an extremely self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision.
- You will need to be used to problem solving in your previous roles and have experience looking after a transport operation including customer requirements and managing resources.
- Statutory Minimum based on Shift Pattern
- Loyalty Bonus: 5 extra days holiday allowance after 5 years’ service / cash equivalent
- Free full Stobart company uniform
- Ongoing Training and Development opportunities
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme – company 3% contribution
- Death in Service
- Colleague Performance Review Process
- Onsite canteens (subject to depot)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership at PureGym
- Rewards App – discount on 100’s of brands
- Refer a friend bonus