- Bristol, Bristol, England, United Kingdom
IPS part of the Culina Group is the largest co-packer in the UK, working with some of the best-known food brands to provide cost-effective and innovative co-packing, co-filling and co-manufacturing solutions.
We are currently looking to recruit an experience Production Supervisor at our Bristol site, on a full time permanent basis.
As Production Supervisor, you will lead the production team to achieve production and processing targets to specified quality and customer standards, balancing revenue per hour making sure quality of output and safety standards are met at all times. The supervisor is an integral part of the packaging process; they must be able to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing the costs. You will also be responsible for creating the Daily/Weekly production schedule, ensuring Material are supplied to fulfil the plan and giving the Operation the very best chance of meeting company efficiency targets.
- Responsible that the production lines remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows
- Assist in ensuring that costs are controlled in line with business plans to agreed standards and timescales
- Communicate to team key performance indicators and then monitor and challenge shortfalls reporting performance outcome to the Production Manager/Operations Manager
- Control the operation and maintenance of all equipment in order to maximise effectiveness.
- Continuously review stock levels within depot, taking action as appropriate and review daily finished stock, outgoing loads and ensure production operations are not disrupted
- Identify opportunities and work to continuously improve added value in the business including cost reduction recommendations
- Manage quality standards of incoming and outgoing products/packaging, taking appropriate action where necessary
- Ensures production floor is clean and safe for all staff members
- Facilitates cooperation and communication within production team and other departments
- Create the daily/weekly production schedule in line with process and procedure
- Work closely with the operation on a daily basis to ensure planned targets and customer deadlines are being met and priorities advised
- Escalate any operational issues to the Production Manager and regional management
- Experience of working within a manufacturing/production/FMCG environment with associated plant and people management skills
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate in a positive and clear manner
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work to strict deadlines
- Able to work towards targets
- Recognises and promotes the importance of continuous improvement
- Displays a positive attitude to change
- Develops best practice and drives continuous improvement in all aspects of performance, in order to achieve service objectives
- Experience of working in a customer-led environment with changing priorities
In return for your passion, hard work and determination we offer: competitive holidays, life Assurance, pension scheme, health cash plans, retail discounts and MANY MORE!
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today