Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- St Helens, Saint Helens, UK
IPS is the largest co-packer in the UK, working with some of the best-known food brands to provide cost-effective and innovative co-packing, co-filling and co-manufacturing solutions.
We are currently recruiting for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will be covering our St Helens depot.
Shift Pattern : Monday to Friday
Shift Times : Rotating 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm / 10pm-6am
Salary : £30,000
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance.
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production run time according to deadlines and priorities.
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely. Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- On occasion you may be required to assist with engineering related tasks on our sites in Port Salford and Skelmersdale
- A recognised Mechanical qualification
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Engineer within industrial/manufacturing FMCG environments.
- Proactive approach
- Willingness for learning and development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills Positive attitude
- Progression to electrical engineering
Experience in the following is highly desirable:
- Rotary and Linear Pot machines
- Multi Head Weighers
- Vertical Form Fill and Seal Baggers
- Heat tunnels and Shrink wrappers
- Conveyor systems
- Metal Detector / Check weighers
- Compressed air and N2 gas generation systems
- Flow Wrappers
- Auger depositing
- Printers, Coders and Taping tables